Air Hostess Courses After 12th
Air Hostess Courses After 12th - “There is no sport equal to that which aviators enjoy while being carried through the air on great white wings”
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. Air hostess is one such course which many young girls look forward to pursuing because when fears are grounded, dreams take flight. The aviation industry has taken a boom in the past few decades thanks to globalisation. People prefer to fly and save their time rather than taking long routes. Not only girls, but boys can also be a male cabin crew or steward. If you wish to fly high, then air hostess is the right course for you.
Air hostess is the primary career in the aviation field. It is a glamorous and high paying job desired by many young graduates all over the world. The benefits of being an air hostess are that not only you get a high scale job but you get to see different locations and meet different people from all around the world including celebrities and sportspersons. It might seem from far that it is an easy job, but is it really?
In reality, an air hostess has many responsibilities including greeting the passengers, make food arrangements for the passengers, serve food to the passengers, guide the passenger in finding their seat, display safety precautions through sign language( audio is played in the background ), coordinate with security and make the air travel of passengers comfortable in every possible way. You might be thinking what about the boys! They can also get employed in this field by the name of male stewards. An air hostess after years of experience gets promoted into senior flight attendant and then head attendant eventually.
After years of service when an air hostess retires, she can work for ground services which include tasks like training of air hostess, check hostess, front office manager, etc. It is quite true that if you want to be an air hostess, your personality matters more than your education. Aviation companies shortlist the eligible candidates themselves and then training is given by the company. In this content, we will provide a detailed description of the eligibility criteria, type of courses, the scope of employment and growth in this field. Let’s get started guys.
Eligibility Criteria to Become an Air Hostess
- Educational qualification - The minimum eligibility criteria to become an air hostess is passing (10+2) higher secondary marks with 50 % marks in aggregate. However, if you want to attain post graduation courses in the field of aviation, you must acquire any graduation degree. There are certain certification courses which can be pursued after passing 10th standard. The applicant must also know Hindi, English and any other foreign language.
- Age and marital status - Age limit depends upon which aviation industry you want to join. Generally, the age limit lies between the age of 17 to 26 years. The marital status of a girl is taken into consideration as most of the aviation companies prefer to choose unmarried girls, however, some companies recruit married girls too.
- Physical standards - To become an air hostess, the minimum height of the candidate should be 5’2 inch or 157 cm to be precise. Skin colour does not matter much but the girls should be physically fit and attractive.
- Medical condition - The candidate should not have a history of mental illness. The aviation team have their own doctors to perform such kind of tests. Moreover, the candidate should not be suffering from any major disease. The candidate should not have a phobia of height.
The Manner of Conducting Oneself-
Educational, physical and medical standards are just not enough to become an air hostess. The candidate should have other mandatory skills that reflect the behaviour and personality of the candidate. Following is a brief description of the type of skills an air hostess should possess;
- Attractive personality - A friendly and attractive personality is what makes an air hostess. The candidate should have a pleasant appearance and appealing voice.
- Communication skills - A candidate should have excellent communication skills as well as language proficiency to deal with passengers. Also, the girl should be confident and possess convincing power over the passengers with a positive attitude.
- Confidence in trouble - In case of any trouble like an emergency landing, the candidate should be confident enough to handle passengers.
- Work in tandem - A domestic flight usually consists of 10-12 crew members. So the candidate has to work as a team to provide passengers with a wondrous experience.
- Long hour duration - There are certain flights that are more than 12 hr long, so the candidate should be calm and patient enough to serve passengers during this time.
- Weather disruption - At certain times a flight can be delayed due to bad weather conditions. In such scenario, the candidate should be ready to put extra efforts by working through the delay to the landing of the flight.
The entire process of selection and recruitment of air hostesses undergoes three stages ;
- Written examination - The written examination consists of multiple type questions based on aptitude and reasoning. The examination is similar to other competitive exams.
- Group discussion - The next stage is a group discussion. In this stage, the candidate is being analysed for certain qualities like teamwork, leadership. Communication skills, the presence of mind, positive attitude, etc.
- Personal Interview - It is the final round of selection. The senior executives of a company take the personal interview of candidates and judge them according to their personal skills. If you are shortlisted here, the company will give you training for the next six months.
Courses that can be pursued for the designation of air hostess after passing higher secondary (10+2). Let’s check out Air Hostess courses after 12th
There is three major type of courses that can be pursued after passing 12th standard.-
- Certification course - Such type of courses are generally not too long and lasts from a period of 6 months to 1 year. There are many short-term certification crash courses that can be obtained for a maximum of 3 months. The certification courses can be pursued after passing the 12th class examination. There are certain post-graduation certification courses that can be applied too. Following are the details of certification courses;
- Aviation and Hospitality Services
- Hospitality Travel and Customer Service
- Night Rating
- Aviation Management
- Air Hostess/Flight Purser
- Aviation Hospitality & Travel Management
- International Airlines and Travel Management
- Private Pilot Training
- Commercial Pilot Training
- Air Ticketing & Tourism
- Airport Ground Management
- Air RT / Radio Flight Officer
- International Air Cargo
- Certificate Course in Fare Ticketing Virgin Atlantic/ GTMC Courses
- Certificate Courses in Personality Development
- Certificate in Aviation Security and Safety
- Diploma course - Air hostess diploma courses can be pursued right after completing 12th standard. Diploma courses are generally of 1-year duration. There are certain postgraduate diploma courses that can be obtained after completing your graduation. Following is the list of air hostess diploma courses ;
- Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Professional Cabin Crew Services
- Diploma in Professional Ground Staff Services
- Diploma in Airport Management & Customer Care
- Diploma in Airlines Management
- Diploma in Airlines and Travel Management
- Diploma in Ground handling And Cargo Management
- Diploma in Hospitality, Travel and Customer Service
- Diploma in Air Cargo Practices & Documentation
- Diploma in Airport Ground Staff Training with On-job Training
- Degree course - These are generally causes of long duration which extends to a period of 3 years. Degree courses hold the most important value of the three formats. There are certain degree courses which are of the time duration of 2 years. Some prominent names among degree course are listed as follows;
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess training
- B.Sc. Aviation (graduates may become Air Hostess/Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant after training offered by the Airlines)
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management (graduates may become Air Hostess/Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant after training offered by the Airlines)
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management (graduates may become Air Hostess/Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant after training offered by the Airlines)
- Degree in International Airline and Travel Management (graduates may become Air Hostess/Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant after training offered by the Airlines)
It can vary according to different institutes and depends on the type of course. However, some eminent things/subjects taught while pursuing an air hostess course is as following;
- Aircraft familiarization
- Airport familiarization
- Passenger handling
- Passenger psychology
- Flight evaluation
- In-flight procedures
- Emergency situation handling
- Food & catering services
- Personality development
- Communication skills
- Leadership and inter-department coordination
- First aid
- Grooming and presentation
- Technical training (basic Aircraft functions, safety procedures etc)
Top 5 institutes that offer best aviation training
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
FraAge requirement: 18-24 years
- Universal Aviation Academy
Age requirement: 17-25 years
- Jet Airways Training Academy
Age requirement: 18-24 years
- Bombay Flying Club College of Aviation
Age requirement: 18-25 years
Age requirement: 18-27 years
Top Recruiters/Aviation Companies in India-
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Emirates Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific