Fashion Design Courses After 12th
Fashion can be designed as a popular trend specifically in clothing, footwear, accessories, makeup, lifestyle, hairstyle and body. It is the way of style in which people represent themselves. Fashion can become a predominant style in the lifestyle of a person. More often fashion is referred to creativity in clothing, however, there are various aspects of fashion that can dash you off to be a trendsetter. If you possess the necessary creative skills, passion and desire for the latest trends in fashion, then we recommend you to pursue a career in fashion designing.
Bachelors in Fashion courses can be pursued by students of any stream ( science, arts, commerce) after successful completion of higher secondary examinations (10+2). Maximum students and parents do not want to pursue a career in fashion designing and want to follow the traditional Indian courses like engineering, medical science, and management. However, they are unaware of the fact that the scope of employment in fashion designing is far more than the traditional Indian study courses until and unless you have the right desire and passion for fashion. The traditional Indian courses that most students opt for after passing higher secondary exams are too much saturated as everybody is following the same thing. In our content, we will discuss the eligibility criteria, the scope of employment, courses details and their prospects in future.
Before we head to the core of our content, there are some important details to be discussed for students who are interested to pursue a career in fashion designing. All the courses that we are mentioning, are no less saturated and all of them are extremely job oriented. To succeed and flourish in the field of fashion designing, one must have a natural liking for the latest trends, and creativity in fashion. If you think you possess these skills, then you are on the right path.
Subjects in Bachelors of Fashion Designing Course-
These are the mandatory subjects that you will come across while pursuing a programme in Bachelors of Fashion Technology ;
- Fashion Art
- Garment Production
- Fashion Designing
- Pattern Making
- Graphics and Computer
- Fashion Illustration
- Accessory Designing
- Fashion Business
- English Language
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Fashion Communication
- Quality Control
To get admission in the leading and top-notch fashion designing institutes like NIFT ( National Institute of Fashion Technology ), the student must be from the background of science stream with subjects(Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). But if you want to enrol in any private fashion designing institute, then you can apply from the background of any stream (science, commerce or arts). Many institutes also have their own entrance examination for the students to clear.
FASHION COURSES AFTER 12TH SCIENCE/COMMERCE/ARTS-
We will leaf through a list of bachelor programs that can be pursued in the field of fashion designing. The time duration for every course we are mentioning ais four years and applicants can obtain a degree of bachelors in the respective field of specialization in fashion designing after the successful completion of their degree. The course duration of 4 years is divided into 8 semesters where students are given competent importance for the theoretical analysis of fashion as well as practical knowledge in terms of internship programs, field trips, projects, etc. Following are the list of courses that can be pursued in the field of fashion designing;
- Bachelor of Design ( Fashion Design ) - It is a four-year degree program with the main motive to provide exposure to students in terms of global fashion. The creative skills of students are enhanced keeping in mind the export demand and the global market. Practical knowledge about fashion is taken more in consideration than theoretical concepts. After the successful completion of the course, students can seek employment opportunities in the fashion and garment design industry. You can also become a designer, freelancer consultant, stylist, illustrator, etc.
- BACHELOR OF DESIGN (LEATHER DESIGN) - Leather products are high in demand in the global market, be it for shoes, jackets or belts. Well crafted and apparel leather goods are the reason why the leather industry is still booming at an extremely high rate. It is a four-year-long course which enhances the skills of students to know the growth and demand of the leather industry. In this programme, students are taught the concept of design in leather processing, material knowledge and demand for leather in the global market. If you thoroughly study the concepts of leather design, you can manufacture your own shoe company and use your own innovative designs on raw leather.
- BACHELOR OF DESIGN (TEXTILE DESIGN) - Textile is said to be the basic element of the fashion design industry. It wouldn’t have been possible for the fashion industry to prosper so much without the effect of the textile design. It is a four-year bachelor program which enhances the skills of students in textile design, manufacturing, production technique and use of machinery. The main focus is to maintain the quality and creativity of textile according to the demand in the global market. The scope of employment in textile design is primarily recruitment in textile mills. Also, you can create your own textile design by becoming an independent designer or consultant for some textile firm.
- BACHELOR OF DESIGN (ACCESSORY DESIGN) - Accessory design was not in demand in the past few decades, but now it has emerged as one of the most successful formats of fashion designing. Its eminent growth in recent times is due to the fact that people want to wear compatible accessories with their outfits. The demand for accessories is so much in the global market that a specialized branch has been crafted for students who want to get trained in designing accessories. It is a four-year-long course which deals with the production and merchandise of accessories which include products like jewellery, footwear, watches, etc. the scope of employment in this course can be the designation of a designer. If you want to opt for marketing of merchandise, you can take managerial posts too.
- BACHELOR OF DESIGN (FASHION COMMUNICATION) - The fashion industry is not only about manufacturing fashionable and high-quality goods. This is the period of animate existence of branding and marketing. There Is no doubt on the fact that without perfect branding and marketing, even the best of stuff will remain unsold. Fashion communication is a four-year course that deals with the study and analysis of branding and merchandise of fashion products. Various subdivisions of this branch are classified as photography, fashion journalism, fashion exhibitions, advertising and Public Relation. The scope of employment after attaining a degree in fashion communication are jobs related to marketing, advertising and branding of products in major fashion firms.
- BACHELOR OF DESIGN (KNITWEAR DESIGN) - It is a four-year-long course that focuses on the manufacturing, merchandise and export of knitwear. The scope of employment is recruitment from knitwear manufacturing firms. Other designations for degree holders in bachelors of knitwear are designer, production manager, merchandiser, quality controller, etc.
- BACHELOR DEGREE IN RETAIL AND FASHION MERCHANDISE - It is a four-year-long course which deals with the promotion and retail of fashion merchandise. During this course, as a student is taught the basic skills of the fashion industry as well as the managerial skills of merchandise. So this course is considered one of the most valuable programmes in the fashion industry. After the completion, of course, you can become a merchandise dealer, clothing or accessories distributor, fashion manager, etc.
- FOOTWEAR DESIGN AND PRODUCTION - This branch deals with the designing and manufacturing of footwear only. If you want to judge the style representation of a person, just look at his shoes. Footwear is the most important part of the fashion industry as it represents your whole outfit. This course helps students to learn about the technology used in the manufacturing of footwear and the raw material associated with it. After attaining a degree in FOOTWEAR DESIGN AND PRODUCTION, one can easily land in a footwear manufacturing firm ore vein startup his own business of manufacturing, design and process of footwear with raw material.