M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course: M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course is a 2-year full-time design and project-based program that aims to deliver advanced training in integrated environmental design in architecture. It is focused primarily on practitioners in the architecture and building industry who aim to broaden their knowledge and skills in sustainable building design and apply environmental design knowledge and skills in architectural projects.
The course is also designed for individuals who want to pursue research careers in environmental design-related areas. M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course is to explore the relationship between architectural form, materiality, environmental performance, and how this synergy should evolve in response to climate change and emerging technology capabilities.
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course: Overview
The Environmental Architecture constitutes the entire range of context that we are a part of both- built and unbuilt. It deals with all the concerns related to the protection and conservation of resources.
As architects, they are liable to check and control a large amount of environmental pollution right from the manufacturing of building materials to create a fully built environment. The effect of the built environment has a significant impact on the unbuilt environment. This is where the job of the environmental Architect arrives who has the skills and abilities to deal with the same problem.
M.Arch Environmental Architecture aims at sharpening the professionals to the environmental issues, global as well as site-specific issues, focusing on the design approach, technological aspects, and economical aspects to deal with them.
M. Arch Environmental Architecture Course Fees:
M. Arch Environmental Architecture Course Fees is the next topic to discuss. The M. Arch Environmental Architecture Course Fees may range from about 50,000 to 5 lakhs for the entire course, which is a subjective issue as it may be different from one college to the other. The fees may vary from one college to another college.
- The Government colleges have fee ranges like Rs 50,000 to Rs. 1,80,000
- Whereas private architecture colleges have a higher fee range of Rs.1,50,000 to Rs.5,00,000
So, it can be seen clearly that pursuing the course from the government college is very economical as compared to a private college.
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Duration:
M. Arch Environmental Architecture Course Duration is the next thing to discuss. As we have already stated above that it is a 2-year course that can be divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each. The entire course will teach the students about all the aspects of Environmental designing and in the final years, it will include some thesis work as well as practical work.
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Syllabus:
Let us take a look at the semester wise classification of the course:
- Environment Architecture Theory
- Climate and Geography
- Sustainable Building Design Principles I
- Sustainable Building Materials
- Pollution Impact and Remedies
- Wastewater Management
- Environmental Architectural Design Studio I
- Thermal Comfort and Passive Design I
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Sustainable Building Design Principles II
- Sustainable Building Technology
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Terrain Assessment & Mapping
- Environmental Architectural Design Studio II
- Thermal-Comfort and Passive Design II
- Legislations For Environmental Control
- Computer-Aided Design and Simulation Techniques
- Intelligent Buildings Design
- Environmental-Architectural Design Studio III
- Dissertation Stage-2
After Completion of the Course:
The students would be able to:
- Students will demonstrate an all-around skill in design and research.
- Students will be able to identify additional parameters/ issues within the context of architectural design and resolve them.
- Students will be able to resolve architectural problems with due consideration to urban issues and environmental issues.
- Students will be able to research Environmental Architecture.
- Students will be able to apply cutting edge methods/ tools/ approaches in the resolution of problems
- Students will be able to bring critical thinking in the consideration of any aspect of design.
- Students will be able to identify problems or create design solutions in a holistic manner.
- Students will be able to contribute further to society through their design/research/ teaching.
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Eligibility:
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Eligibility is another most important topic to discuss.
The Candidates, aspiring to pursue this course, should have passed the B.Arch course examination in the relevant stream with a minimum aggregate of 50 percent marks, from recognized universities or institutes, are eligible to pursue M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course.
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Eligibility Requires:
- The candidates have completed their graduation with a Bachelor of Architecture holding a minimum aggregate of 50% marks or any other equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who are appearing or going to appear in the final exams of B.Arch are also eligible to apply for the M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course.
- Students who have given entrance exams like the General aptitude test in engineering (GATE) also qualify for the M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Eligibility Criteria.
- Some institutes/universities conduct their own aptitude tests and interviews for admission into the Master's Degree in Architecture.
Students Should have Passed:
- The Bachelor of Architecture examination with an aggregate of 50 percent marks, from recognized universities or institutes securing with or without valid GATE score and the National Aptitude Test in Architecture administered by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture.
- Students who have excellent drawing abilities, clarity of thought, creativity, strong aesthetic sense, and social awareness are likely to get through
- The candidate shall also pass the entrance tests and interviews conducted by the admission authority of the respective college and the educational qualification as stipulated in the revised norms laid down by the Council of Architecture or the University of Pune.
Documents Required For The Admission In The Course(In Original & Self Attested 5 Copies):
- S.S.C Mark sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or Diploma mark sheet
- B Arch Mark sheet (for al 4 years)
- Passing Certificate
- College Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Valid CET Score Card
- Domicile or Nationality Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Validity Certificate [if applicable]
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
For NRI/Foreign Students:
Following documents are required in addition to the above:
- Passport Copy
- Visa Copy
- Citizenship Card
- Character Certificate
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Top Colleges in India are as follows:
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Institutes is the next topic to have a look at. Some of the colleges are mentioned below.
- C.C.L.S. College of Architecture & Design
- Dr. Bhanuben Nanavati College of Architecture for Women (B.N.C.A.)
- University of Pune Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Rachna Sansad Institute of Environmental Architecture, Mumbai-Maharashtra
- School of Planning And Architecture, Hyderabad- Telangana
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- National Institute of Technology (NIT)
These are some of the institutes that can be considered by the aspirants to pursue the M. Arch Environmental Architecture Course.
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Scope:
M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Scope is the next on the list to discuss.
Since the course Objective is to:
- Provide students with additional knowledge and skills as an architect or as a researcher.
- Enable students to add- value to the process of architectural design by incorporating depth in already existing fields of study relevant to architecture.
- To enable students to widen up the scope of their professional abilities through additional fields of study that would enhance their knowledge in intellectual, creative, technical, social, and environmental realms.
- To enable students to take independent, informed, and innovative decisions within the discipline of architecture circumference.
- To enable students to contribute to the larger social welfare through their future career as architects/researchers/teachers.
These qualities and skills enable the students to explore this field from a really wider angle.
Students who have successfully completed the M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course have an immense amount of job opportunities.
Some of the job opportunities are as follows:
- Environmental architects can work with- scientists, activists, and environmental groups to project the environmental impact of a project.
- Environmental Consultant Environmental Research Scientist - Work for universities and colleges.
- Work as a consultant or to set up private practice Work in management institutions offering different architecture courses.
After the successful completion of the M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course, the students would be able to become:
- Construction Specialist
- Information technology expert
- Real Estate / Property development in charge
- Historic preservation specialist
- Architectural Journalist
- Production drawing specialist
- Surveying In-charge
- Urban and Regional Planning Expert
- Contact administrator
- Model making Specialist
- Expert witness
- Perspectives Expert
- Government Employee
Job Profiles After M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course:
Job profiles after M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course are the next thing on the list to discuss with you all.
The M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course enables the students to become the following and flourishes their careers as:
- Architectural Engineer
- Architectural Historian
- Special Art Director
- Building Contractor & Researcher
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Data Analyst
- Architecture Designer
- Architecture Draftsman
- Staff Consultant
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant Manager
- Manager in the Corporates
- Sales/Business Development Manager
- Architectural Assistant
- Architectural Journalist
- Teacher / Professor
Salary Offered To The Profiles After The M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course:
The Salary offered to profiles after the M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course to the candidates may vary from one profile to another position. Here is the detail of the salary structure to profiles after the M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course:
- Design architect- (Average salary: Rs. 51354/-) per month
- Project architect-(Average salary: Rs. 77392/-) per month
- Data analyst architect-(Average salary: Rs. 46161/-) per month
- Urban designer-(Average salary: Rs.56632/-) per month
- Senior project architect-(Average salary: Rs.69,264/-) per month
- Project manager, architecture-(Average salary: Rs. 85095/-) per month
We hope that the above-given information has helped you in attaining knowledge related to the topic and would help the aspirants in taking the right and calculative career decisions of life and the achieve the heights of the satisfaction in their choice of work. We have tried hard to provide you with all the relevant knowledge regarding the topics of M.Arch.
The above-given information includes topics - M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course, M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Fees, M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Duration, M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Eligibility, M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course Institutes, job profiles after M.Arch Environmental Architecture Course.