Computer Science Courses After 12th:
If you are a student and looking for computer science courses after 12th then you are at the right place. After completing class 12th students have various career options to go for but these options lead to the dilemma for the students to choose the best career option. If you have decided to go into the computer science field then it’s good for your future career. But still, there are various computer science courses after 12th that can be pursued by the students. To make your choice easier we have mentioned all the Computer Science Courses after 12th. And you can choose according to your interest and preferences. The computer is now a basic necessity in the life of every individual. It has long been an essential part of science, business, medicine, government, and entertainment. Today the computer is playing the most crucial role in almost all the fields to make life simple and better.
What is computer science?
It is one of the best courses after the 12th. Computer Science is a branch of science that is related to computers and information technology. It has a vast scope and it can be studied at various levels. For students who want to get into the IT industry, taking computer science as a subject in 12th is one of the best decisions they can make. Computer science has become one of the most popular courses among students. There are various courses in computer science that provide exposure to every branch of computer technology. Students from a wide range of streams opt for these courses. Computer Science has various specializations under which students can make their career:
1. Artificial Intelligence Course
2. Computer-Human Interface
3. Game Design
5. Computer Graphics Course
6. Information Security
7. Data Science Course
8. Programming Languages Course
9. Software Engineering
Hearing the phrases ‘After 12th’ and ‘Computer Science’ in a statement, might just make your heart beat quicker! Studying computer science can be one of the most valuable things you can do for yourself with your life. The world absolutely needs people who are computer scientists, and there is a truly unprecedented demand for these professionals. There are a lot of courses after 12th computer science that can help you gain success in the future. To start with, First of all, let us check the various computer science courses after 12th.
Types of Computer Science Courses:
What type of computer science courses is the best after the 12th? This is a question that will have numerous different answers, but a lot depends on personal preference and current skill level. With this in mind, we have put together a list of the computer science courses for potential students who want to study B. Tech Computer Science Course or B.Tech IT Course.
1. Diploma Courses
2. Undergraduate course
3. Postgraduate course
Diploma in Computer Science:
Diploma courses can be pursued after completing class 12th from a recognized education board. The duration of diploma courses in computer science is 3 years. There are various diploma courses available in this field of computer science that can be pursued by the students after 12th. Students who have completed 10th or 12th are eligible for pursuing a Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering Course. The admission is based on a merit list and the examination is done semester-wise. Diplomas are not as tough as bachelor’s and master’s degrees, so that makes it easier to prepare for the paperwork at hand. Below we have mentioned the diploma courses in computer science:
1. Diploma in Computer Engineering – 3 years
2. Diploma in Software Engineering – 3 years
3. Diploma in Computer Technology – 3 years
4.Diploma in Computer Hardware Technology – 3 years
5. Diploma in Hardware and Networking Course – 3 years
6. Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering Course – 3 years
7. Diploma in Computer Science - 2-3 years
- Diploma in Computer Engineering - Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering is a program of study that offers students training in the field of technology specializing in server configuration, computer connections, network installation, user management, software development, cyber operations, Web Designing Course, android application, IoT, RDBMS, and GUI. The program is designed to give students a thorough understanding of the computing industry as well as prepare them for further studies in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Diploma in Software Engineering - Under diploma in software engineering students will be exposed to all aspects of software development, beginning with design and ending in production support. Students will learn all aspects of programming/development including functional specification and planning, UML modeling, C++ Course, test-first development strategies, and requirements analysis.
- Diploma in Computer Technology - is a diploma level technology course in which students work with a variety of programming languages and computer architectures; write the program code and maintain it and all this requires a solid knowledge of Maths and English.
- Diploma in Computer Hardware Technology - The main objective of the diploma in computer hardware technology is to train graduates with knowledge and understanding of the computer structure, hardware methodology, networking skills, and software applications. Computer hardware technology is the design, implementation, and maintenance of computer networks which are groups of interconnected computers.
- Diploma in Hardware and Networking - This course is a complete guide for computer hardware maintenance technicians who seek to further improve their technical skills and establish themselves as an asset in the workforce. In other words, this course is an all-in-one package that transforms you into a computer hardware expert. This course provides learners with a detailed understanding of machine learning and they will be able to build a machine from scratch by the time they complete the course.
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering - The goal of the course is to provide insight into the design and implementation of computer systems. The course will teach you enough computer science that can help you build software to tackle problems related to the world. It will also teach maths and some basic applications of programming. The course focuses on the process of building things: how to design, implement and test software used by people. It will be structured in such a way that those with no programming experience can learn to program by making small programs.
- Diploma in Computer Science - Diploma in Computer Science is designed to show students how to use the fundamentals of computer science, and work in a technical environment. Students will develop the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the current industry. A diploma in Computer Science is the course of study intended to deepen one's knowledge in Computer Science and Technology and will be beneficial for the students who want to get into this field as a career. The content covers most of the topics related to computers and Technology.
Undergraduate courses in Computer Science:
Undergraduate courses in computer science can be pursued by the students who have completed class 12th. The duration of the undergraduate course is 3-4 years. The main undergraduate course for computer application is Bachelor of Computer Application and is of 3 years. Undergraduate courses in computer application include a wide range of topics from programming languages, data structures, operating systems, databases, networks, and distributed systems, graphics, vision, and robotics to artificial intelligence, theory of computation, and mathematical methods for CS. We have mentioned the undergraduate computer science courses after 12th below:
1. B.Tech/BE in Computer Engineering (4 years)
2. B.Tech/BE in Computer Science (4 Years)
3. B.Tech/BE in Computer Science Engineering (4 years)
4. B.Tech/BE in Computer and Communication Science and Engineering (4 years)
5. B.Tech/BE in Software Engineering (4 years)
6. B.Sc in Computer Science (3 years)
7. B.Sc in Software Technology (3 years)
8. B.Sc in Computer Engineering (3 years)
9. BCA Course (Bachelor of Computer Application) 3 years
10. Integrated (BE/ BTech + ME/MTech) in Computer Engineering (5 years)
- Bachelor of Computer Application - The three years of study leading to the degree of Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA Course) are intended primarily for those who wish to make computer applications their career. The first year of study is common to all branches and includes exposure to programming concepts, fundamental data structures and control mechanisms, systems analysis & design, algorithm analysis & design, fundamentals of Operating Systems, and discretization techniques. The students are also exposed to Computer Technology and Engineering concepts i.e. Data communication and software engineering, networking, etc.
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science - The Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech Computer Science Course) in Computer Science degree is a four-year undergraduate program that is designed to provide a solid foundation in computer science to those students who intend to pursue a career as an engineer or researcher in any field of Computer Science. The curriculum has been devised on the basis of the syllabi recommended by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It gives a strong foundation to students in subjects like programming, data structure and algorithm, Operating Systems, Networks, Software Engineering, Database Management, and E-commerce.
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering - The Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering is an undergraduate degree of 4 years in Engineering that can be pursued after high school. It is one of the most popular degree options among students as it provides a platform to gain skills in almost all areas of technology. It includes a detailed study of coding languages, along with various other important concepts on Cyber Security Courses, Computer Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
- Bachelor of Technology in Software Engineering - B.Tech in software engineering is a specialization associated with the development of software, designing software, testing, and maintenance of the software. B.Tech in software engineering is one of the most demanding specializations of computer science engineering and information technology. The duration of the bachelor of technology in soft engineering is 4 years. To pursue a bachelor of technology in software engineering students must have done class 12th in the science stream from a recognized education board.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering - bachelor of science in computer engineering is of 4 years. The Bachelor of Computer Engineering degree is an undergraduate course. It offers core subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Computer Programming, and Lab work to all its students. It covers basic and advanced computing concepts involving Embedded Systems, Operating Systems, Databases, and Networks.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Bachelor of Science in computer science provides students with an analytical, conceptual, and practical understanding of how computers operate and are utilized. The program also teaches students how to develop the skills necessary to design, build, and maintain computer hardware and software systems. Students are introduced to a variety of programming languages, including Java Query, C++ Course, and Visual Basic. Memory allocation and significant file manipulation are also covered in these courses. The duration of this course is 3 years.
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering - A Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, commonly known as a BSE is a 3-mandatory year degree program in software engineering. It is an autonomous degree program initiated by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under affiliation with the University Grants Commission (UGC). A Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering coursework focuses on programming languages (most often C and C++), data structures, operating system principles, mathematics for software engineering, object-oriented principles and design, computer organization, and assembly language. Students are also introduced to a selection of elective courses, covering topics such as artificial intelligence, information technology management, and web programming.
Postgraduate Courses in Computer Science:
Postgraduate courses in computer science can be pursued by the students after completing graduate degrees in relevant streams from a recognized education board. The duration of the postgraduate course is 2 years. The popular postgraduate course in computer science is master of technology in computer science. The admission procedure is based on the marks scored by the students in the entrance exams (GATE Exam). The following are postgraduate courses in computer science:
1. Master of Technology in Computer Science ( M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering Course) (2 years)
2. Master of Computer Application (MCA Course) (3 years)
3. M.Sc in Computer Science
4. M.Tech in Computer Engineering
5. M.Sc in Software Engineering
- Master of Technology in Computer Science - The Master of Technology in Computer Science is an intensive two-year enriched program that aims at developing professional expertise in computer science, engineering, and technology subjects to a world-class level, preparing the students to take up technology leadership roles in industry and academia. This program aims at providing a high level of conceptual knowledge and technical skills necessary to tackle problems arising in contemporary Information Technology. The course unit contents are designed by leading academicians from IT Industry and these contents are regularly updated as per the industry needs and demands.
- Master of Computer Science - The master's degree in computer science (MCS) is designed to provide a technical background while also providing opportunities to develop professional skills. The program emphasizes research and hands-on training, and it offers a variety of tracks that allow students to develop strong technical knowledge combined with highly marketable skills. The computer science curriculum is divided by area of specialty: artificial intelligence, databases, interactive computing, software engineering, scientific computing, and high-performance computing.
- Master of Science in Computer Science - A graduate of the Master of Science in Computer Science program is equipped with a solid foundation for computing research, education, and/or industry. The Master of Science in Computer Science is a terminal degree program designed to prepare students for more highly productive careers in a wide range of areas, including artificial intelligence, network security, data mining and analysis, software engineering and design, computer vision, game development, entertainment technologies, financial technology, and health care.
- Master of Technology in Computer Engineering - The Master of Technology in Computer Science and Technology is designed to groom students with excellent Computer Science backgrounds for the latest trends in the Software Industry. The students after completion of this program shall be capable of taking up challenging positions as software developers, software engineers, software analysts, and any other position, which involves the development of quality software products.
- Master of Science in Software Engineering - Master of Science in Software Engineering curriculum is based on modern software engineering principles, contemporary software engineering tools and techniques, and technical leadership that includes business skills. The program is complemented by four core open courses designed to expose students to topics beyond the traditional curriculum. This ensures that students graduate fully aware of the latest developments in software engineering and information technology. Students will gain the knowledge and skills for software engineering, including analysis and design; product and project management; requirements engineering and management; and technical communication.
Other Notable Computer Science Courses After 12th:
There is a huge demand for computer science courses in India. Students who have passed their 12th with good grades are looking at computer science courses as they plan for their higher education. Computer science is a vast field and there are various disciplines and specializations that exist. Here we have mentioned some notable computer science courses after 12th that can be pursued by the students as their future career.
1. MS Office
2. Programming Languages
3. Web Design
4. Digital Marketing Course
5. Ethical Hacking
6. Animation and VFX
7. Hardware Engineering
8. Mobile Application Development