Bachelor of Business Management [BBM] Course
Bachelor in Business Management (BBM) is a three-year undergraduate management course that provides students with an understanding of practical and theoretical aspects of Business. BBM is basically designed to teach the student, the skills of management and leadership in the business and corporate world. This course is alike BBA programme except with the administrative part of a business in BBA whereas, in BBM, it deals with the management part. It is the field that encompasses the overall activities of managerial roles in an organization. From controlling to planning, coordinating and organizing, and management must understand its functions also.
Business management, therefore, attempts to explain the functions when collectively handled to accomplish certain objectives. The Bachelor of Business Management provides a vast knowledge of entrepreneurship, financial risk analysis, trading, and commerce. It also prepares the students in an ideal manner to be ready to deal with the expanding business world. The BBM programme affords an insight into the global businesses through the practical skills acquired by the coursework.
- The duration of Bachelors of Business Management (BBM) is three years which is divided into six semesters and an extension of two years is given for completing the course.
- The programme emphasizes developing the entrepreneur skills within the student as well as on the management aspect of the Company.
- In this course, students are taught the aesthetics of Business, its elements, and principles along with the new techniques existing in the corporate world.
- The course includes certain subjects such as Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Finance, Management Information System, Marketing, Operations Management, Organisational Behaviour and Management, Operations Research, Strategic Management.
The curriculum of BBM is categorized into four majors:-
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Operational Management
- Human Resource Development Management
- Bachelors of Management (BBM) is basically an Industry oriented management course that prepares the candidates to develop critical and logical analyzing skills with the knowledge about finance, strategic management, marketing, operations management etc.
- This course is one of the most prominent and opted course after 12th that helps the students to nurture their interpersonal skills.
- In the modern era of the 21st century, people believe in dynamic and unconventional courses rather than those hypothetical courses.
- The course provides an immense knowledge about entrepreneurship, financial risk analysis, trading, and commerce.
- Students can also focus on extra relevant subjects which are requisite to make them a perfect all-rounder.
- This programme prepares graduates to work in diverse fields, such as advertising, marketing, human resources, and finance.
- By acquiring prevailing strategies, concepts, ideas, best practices, and getting access to case studies, one will be able to choose the best way to make judgments in business.
- Candidates will be equipped with a well-rounded, holistic knowledge of the business.
- Business Management is an ideal option for individuals who wish to fast-track their profession or gain more about the realities of managing a business.
BBM is best suited for those who want to seek a career in this field:-
- Market Research and Analysis
- Product Designing
- Selling and Distribution
- Sales Advice
- Other marketing techniques.
Candidates who want to pursue BBM need to go through the directed eligibility criteria:
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 level with 45% of the aggregate marks from any recognized board of India.
- Aspirants must have studied English as a compulsory subject in 12th standard.
- The minimum age of the applicants must be 17 years of age while the maximum age limit is 22 years of age.
- Students with any discipline of Arts, Commerce, and Science can apply for this course.
- The applicants from the Commerce background may get an extra advantage,i.e. Many colleges/university offers some relaxation in the cut off marks for commerce candidates.
- For taking admission in Bachelors of Business Management, candidates need to clear the common entrance examination (UGAT) conducted by the respective college/university.
- UGAT is conducted once a year, so the students who have completed or about to complete their 10+ 2 can apply for the exam.
- Candidates have the choice of selecting the mode of exam i.e. they can opt for either Paper Based Test or Computer Based Test for this exam.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their merit score.
The Admission Procedure of this Course is Divided into Three Steps:-
- Group discussions or Personal Interviews
Syllabus & Subjects:-
The syllabus for this course is designed in order to develop an innovative problem-solving approach and logical decision - making skills with excellent facilities and infrastructure.
The syllabus and subjects that are structured under BBM course by various colleges/universities are as follows:-
- Principles of Management
- Business Communication and Soft Skills
- Financial Accounting
- Business Mathematics
- Economic Environment of Business
- Business Regulatory Framework
- Business Statistics
- Managerial Economics
- Office Management & Automation
- Cost Accounting
- General Hindi
- Corporate Accounting
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Indian Financial System
- International Trade and Finance
- Income Tax
- Organizational Behaviour
- Research Methodology
- Financial Management
- General English
- Comprehensive Viva
- Production Management
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Banking Law and Practices in India
- Company Law & Secretarial Practice
- Marketing Management
- Operation Research
- Project and Viva-Voce
- Environmental Studies
Colleges offering BBM Courses:-
Here is the list of all the colleges that offer BBM courses:-
- PES Institute of Technology, [PESIT] Bangalore
- Dwaraka Doss Goverdhan Doss Vaishnav College, (DDGDVC) Chennai
- Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences, Bangalore.
- Bangalore University, Karnataka
- Sir M V Government Arts and Commerce College, (SMACC) Shimoga
- Lady Keane College, Meghalaya
- Modern College of Arts Science and Commerce, (MCASC) Pune
- Sri Venkateswara University, Andhra Pradesh.
- NSHM College of Management and Technology- NCMT, Gurgaon.
- Asian College of Science and Commerce, Pune.
- Jyoti Institute of Management Science and Technology, Bareilly.
- M.S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore
Career Prospects for BBM graduates:-
Acquiring a degree in business management is really a surpassing point to commence. Earning this credential business degree leads to innumerable career paths in the corporate world. While pursuing the course, one gets to learn effective communication and written skills which can lead to a bright future ahead. After completion of the course, there are numerous fruitful job opportunities in the business management field in which the BBM graduates can get into. A BBM degree holder can expect his job in the following profiles:
Job Types for BBM:-
- Business Development Manager
- Delivery Manager
- Business Operations Manager
Areas of Employment for BBA degree holders:-
- Grocery Sector
- Construction Companies
After completing the course successfully, students can even go for higher studies in order to get greater job opportunities in the management field. Candidates can pursue Post Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (PGDM), Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management, Post-graduation in Supply Chain and Operations Management etc.