M.Arch Digital Architecture: M.Arch Digital Architecture is a 2-year full-time professional course in the architecture stream. This course can be pursued after the completion of the Bachelor of Architecture course. This course is mainly opted by the students who want to excel or achieve excellence in the field of Architecture in a definite stream. By doing such courses aspirants excel in their desired fields, as well as, do further research in the same.
Digital Architecture is a discipline of engineering that uses digital media in the process of its architectural design. Digital Architecture will help in designing the concept, design development, and detail designing of the architecture's structure.
What do Students learn in M.Arch Digital Architecture?
During this program, the aspirants will be studying multiple- digital software tools and design processes (parametric&generative), architectural- visualization, advanced- architecture construction, and building- automation.
This program is meant for architects who are practicing and designers to reorganize the design process and engage technology to embrace the emergent practice of non-standard architecture.
What is Digital Architecture?
- Architecture these days involves more fluent designs and designs which consist of various fragments, angles, and curves.
- Outlining these drawings becomes a completely tiresome task. Architecture has been greatly influenced by the integration of digital tools and software in architectural design and illustration.
- Technology can play a part in the conception of the design to final drafted drawings. Advanced construction prototypes also make use of digital architecture. Using software to design buildings can be named digital architecture.
Given below are some of the important highlights of the program.
Highlights of M.Arch Digital Architecture Course
||M.Arch Digital Architecture Course
|Level of Program
|M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Duration
|Type of Examination
|M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Eligibility
|M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Admission Process
||Entrance Exam & Merit-Based + Interview
|M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Approx. Fee
||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 3 Lakh
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Fees 2023:
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Fees is the next topic to discuss and bring to light. As far as the Indian Education structure is concerned the cost of this course may range from about Rupees 1 lakh to 3 lakhs around. However, the fee structure may vary from government colleges to private institutions. For that purpose, the aspirants need to go into the details of the fee structure of the college they are seeking to acquire admission.
- As a student of this course, students may have to bear some additional costs into their budget, alongside their tuition fees. Students should be able to access most of the books they’ll need through the libraries, though students may wish to purchase their own copies or more specific titles.
- In addition to this students may spend some amount on printing and on model making and drawing equipment.
- Please note that these expenses are approximate and subject to change from one institute or college to another.
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Duration 2023:
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Duration is the next topic to discuss for the clarity of the students.M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Duration is of 2 years and this course is divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each.
➥ Note: Some of the Institutes provide the executive M.Arch Digital Architecture course but that course stands for 3 years and has 6 semesters of 6 months each.
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Exam Pattern 2023:
At each examination at the end of the semester, there will be:
- Theory Paper
- Sessional Work
- Sessional viva-voice based on Sessional- work, as prescribed in the syllabus for the examination, at the end of each Semester, shall compose separate heads of passing the examination.
Let us have a look at the semester-wise bifurcation of the M.Arch Digital Architecture course:
➥ 1st Semester
- Digital Architecture - Process, Theories, and History part 1
- Digital Architecture and Psychology
- Digital Fabrication 1
- Parametric Softwares
- Digital Design Studio 1
- Digital Design studio Theory 1
➥ 2nd Semester
- Digital Architecture Process, Theory, and History 2
- Material Science and Digital Architecture
- Digital Fabrication 2
- Analysis Software
- Digital Design Studio 2
- Digital Design Studio Theory 2
➥ 3rd Semester
- Research in Digital Architecture
- Parametric Urbanism and Urban Mapping
- Digital Fabrication 3( Installation)
- Workshops and Seminars
- Digital Design Studio 3
- Digital Design Studio Theory 3
➥ 4th Semester
- Thesis Design Studio
- The culmination of Old and NewTheories in Architecture
Eligibility Criteria for M.Arch Digital Architecture Course:
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Eligibility is the next important thing to discuss.
- The candidates have completed their graduation which means, a Bachelor of Architecture holding a minimum aggregate of 50% marks or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized college or institute.
- Candidates who are appearing or going to appear in the final exams of B.Arch are also eligible to apply for the M.Arch Digital Architecture Course.
- Students who have given entrance exams like the General aptitude test in engineering (GATE) and NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) also qualify for the M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Eligibility Criteria.
- Some institutes/universities conduct their own aptitude tests and interviews for admission of the most competent and eligible candidates into the Master's Degree in Architecture.
➥ Students should have cleared:
- The Bachelor of Architecture examination with an aggregate score of 50 percent marks, from recognized universities or institutes securing with or without valid GATE score, and the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (Preferred if passed) administered by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture.
- Students who have excellent abilities to create both virtual forms and physical-structure abilities, clarity of thought, the creativity of mind, strong aesthetic- sense, and social- awareness are likely to get through
- The candidate shall also pass the entrance/aptitude tests and interviews conducted by the admission authority of the respective college or the institute and the educational qualification as demanded in the revised norms laid down by the Council of Architecture or the University of Pune.
Note: Candidates who have passed the B.Arch course in the relevant stream with a minimum of 50%marks in the aggregate are eligible to join the course. The students aspire to join this course to sharpen their skills in the digital architecture field and to do further and conduct the research in the relevant stream.
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Eligibility Criteria 2023
For the National Students
B.Arch. with a minimum of 50% marks
For the International Students
The eligibility criterion of the program for international applicants seeking admission is a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination and having studied the pre-requisite subjects for admission into the desired program
M.Arch Digital Architecture Age Criteria:
There is no age requirement, as such, to pursue the M.Arch Digital Architecture.
Documents required in Admission Process of Course (Original & Self Attested 5 Copies):
- S.S.C. Mark sheet or High School
- H.S.C. Mark sheet / Intermediate or Diploma mark sheet
- B Arch Mark sheet (for all the 4 years)
- Passing Certificate of B. Arch
- College Leaving Certificate of B. Arch
- Migration Certificate
- Valid CET Score Card
- Domicile or Nationality Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Validity Certificate (if applicable)
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
For NRI / Foreign Students:
The following documents are required in addition to the above:
- Passport Copy
- Visa Copy
- Citizenship Card
- Character Certificate
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Institutes:
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Institutes are the next to explore on the list so that the aspirant can easily get to the details of the admission process in the respective college.
Some of the colleges offering M.Arch Digital Architecture courses are mentioned below:
- Sinhgad College of Architecture
- Bhanuben Nanavati College of Architecture for Women
- Savitribai Phule University of Pune
- Anna University, Chennai
- Sharda University
- College of Architecture, Ropar Punjab
- JBR Architecture College, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Ranganathan Architecture College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- IES College of Architecture, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Goa College of Architecture, Panaji, GOA
- SVS School of Architecture, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- TKM College of Architecture, Kollam, Kerela
- RR College of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- AIA Academy of Architecture, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MRK College of Architecture, Bhimavaram, Andra Pradesh
These are some of the institutes that can be considered by the aspirants to pursue the M.Arch Digital Architecture Course.
Scope of M.Arch Digital Architecture Course:
M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Scope is the next topic to discuss with you so that you get to know the utility of this course.
- After the completion of the course student will have a comprehensive knowledge and know-how of cutting edge technology.
- The course will open up a number of various avenues in fields like Emergent architecture Management Information systems, Film industry, Animation, and simulation.
- There is a huge demand for architects in India and Overseas or abroad. Architects have ample opportunities to work with architectural firms. Architects who are working independently have better scope in terms of earning.
- They can also work in other organizations such as State Departments, Housing Boards, Local Bodies for construction works, Builders, Architecture Firms, Consultants, etc. also hire architects.
Digital technologies with their notable applications have been a catalyst in changing the way we live and want to live. Advancement in digital technologies has brought about a coexisting condition of constant and accelerating transformation in our ways of living. Architecture has also been greatly influenced by the amalgamation of digital tools in architectural design and representation.
The completion of this course makes the students expert in the following areas:
- Process theories in Digital Architecture
- Parametric Software skill sets
- Digital fabrication, and material research
- Digital Design
- Robotic interface and interactive architecture Design Tools
Some of the career paths aspirants can choose after the course areas:
- Building Surveyor
- Commercial/Residential Surveyor
- Construction Manager
- Buildings Inspector
- Conservation Officer
- Landscape Architect
- Planning And Development Surveyor
- Production Designer
- Structural Engineer
- Town Planner
Job Profiles after M.Arch Digital Architecture Course:
Job profiles after the completion of the M.Arch Digital Architecture Course are the next thing on the list to discuss with you all. Digital Architecture is a discipline of engineering that utilizes digital media in the process of its architectural design. Digital Architecture will support designing the concept, design-development, and detail- designing of the architecture's form.
Career and Scope After Digital Architecture course:
The M.Arch Digital Architecture Course enables the students to become the following and flourish in their careers:
- Emergent architecture
- Management Information Systems(M.I.S)
- Film industry
- Animation & Simulation
Companies that provide jobs to the students who have completed M.Arch. Digital Architecture is:
- Morphogenesis, Delhi
- Zaha Hadid Architects
- Live Architects, Mumbai
- Gensler Corp.
- IBI Group
- Jacobs Corp.
- SITEL Corp.
- DLF Corp.
- Hiranandani Corp.
- Reliance Corp.
Salary M.Arch Digital Architecture Course:
The Salary offered to profiles after the M.Arch Digital Architecture Course to the candidates may vary from one profile to another profile, we are mentioning some of them. Here is the detail of the salary structure to profiles after the M.Arch Digital Architecture Course:
- Digital Architect (Average salary: Rs. 50,000/-) per month
- Emergent Architect (Average salary: Rs. 70,000/-) per month
- Design Analyst Architect (Average salary: Rs. 40,000/-) per month
- Urban Design Architect (Average salary: Rs.50,000/-) per month
- Senior M.I.S. Architect (Average salary: Rs.60,000/-) per month
- Project manager, Animation and Simulation (Average salary: Rs. 80,000/-) per month
Conclusion M.Arch Digital Architecture Course:
We really hope that the information, given above, has helped you in acquiring knowledge and information related to the topic and would support the aspirants in taking the right and calculative career decisions of their life and they could achieve the heights of the satisfaction in their choice of work. We have tried our best to provide you with all the relevant knowledge regarding the topics of the M.Arch Digital Architecture course.
The above-given information includes topics - M.Arch Digital Architecture Course, M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Fees, M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Duration, M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Eligibility, M.Arch Digital Architecture Course Institutes, job profiles after M.Arch Digital Architecture Course.