Diploma Courses After 10th: List of Diploma Courses After 10th - Scope, Colleges, Fees, Job
Introduction of Diploma Courses after10th:
Diploma Courses are famous amongst the students as they are job-oriented. Those who want to do a job at an early age and gain professional skills in a short period of time out for this course.
People who are pursuing Diplomas are doing it for getting a handsome salary package soon. Most of the students have confusion in mind that Diploma courses after the 10th standard are only Technical. But in reality, both Technical and Non-Technical courses are for the 10th pass out students.
Now, the question arises which course Diploma one should choose. As the crowd isn’t aware of most of the courses available after 10th standard. We have listed all the Diploma Courses available for students.
We had divided Diploma Courses after 10th into 2 categories:
- Technical Diploma
- Non- Technical Diploma
List of Technical Diploma Courses after 10th:-
Numerous Engineering related diplomas are also available to pursue after 10th. These programs are well known as Diploma in Engineering. A student has to dedicated 3 years to pursue these courses. Semester system is followed which means one-year consists of two semesters. Each semester is for 6 months. In total, a Diploma in Engineering comprises of 6 semesters. Once the diploma is complete, students will get a Diploma Certificate.
Multiple options are available for students after completing the Diploma in Engineering. One can pursue higher studies by getting admitted via lateral entry i.e. getting admitted directly in the 2nd year of Bachelor’s Degree Engineering programs (B.E./B.Tech.). One can also go for a job in the field in which he has done the Diploma.
List of Diploma Colleges After 10th:
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida
- Guru Gobind Singh IP University, Delhi
- DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jalandhar
- Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Government College of Engineering, Pune
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, Delhi
- KIITS University, Odisha
Diploma Courses After 10th: Both Government and Private institutes in India offer the Diploma in Engineering programs. Students can pursue these courses from Polytechnic institutes or technical institutes that are known for these courses.
Before you take admission, check that the institute is approved by the State Board of Technical Education and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Here is the list of the renowned streams in Diploma in Engineering available in India:-
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME)
- Diploma in Metallurgy
- Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Plastic Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Technology
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
- Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Technology
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Cyber Security
- Diploma in Ceramic Technology
- Diploma in Fire Safety Engineering
List of Non- Technical Diploma Courses After 10th:-
Apart from this Technical Diploma in Engineering programs other technical and vocational diploma courses are also to help students provide a wide range to choose from.
- Diploma in Architecture Assistant
- Diploma in Rubber Technology
- Diploma in Food Production and Technology
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation
- Diploma in Leather Technology
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Network Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Hardware and Network Engineering
- Diploma in Production and Manufacturing
- Art Teacher Diploma
- Commercial Art Diploma
- Diploma in Stenography
- Diploma in 3D Animation
- Diploma in Beauty Care
- Diploma in Cosmetology
- Diploma in Dental Mechanics
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Commercial Practice
- Diploma in Fashion Technology
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Courses After 10th:
A student who has passed 10th with at least 50 percent marks can get admitted to these courses. The eligibility criteria of these may differ from institute to institute.
Top colleges to pursue aforementioned Diploma Courses after 10th:-
- International School of Design (INSD), Mumbai
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Sahib
- Government Girls Vocational Institute (GGVI), Warangal
- Ballarpur Institute Of Technology (BIT), Chandrapur
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University (TMU), Moradabad
- Wlci Chennai, Chennai
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI ), Mumbai
- Acharya Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangalore
- SIGA Polytechnic College (SIGPAC), Chennai
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Engineering:-
- Arunachal Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (APJEE)
- Delhi Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam (Delhi CET)
- Haryana Diploma Entrance Test (HSTES DET)
- Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET)
- Assam Polytechnic Admission Test (Assam PAT)
- JEXPO and VOCLET WB Polytechnic Entrance Exam
- Chhattisgarh Pre Polytechnic Test 2017 (CG PPT)
- Joint Entrance Examination Council of Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP)
- Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE)
- Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Exam (Jharkhand PECE)
- J&K Diploma Polytechnic Entrance Test (JKBOPEE Polytechnic)
- Uttarakhand Polytechnic Entrance Exam (UBTER JEEP)
- Kerala Polytechnic College Admission Test
- Polytechnic Admission Test Rajasthan (DSRRAU PAT)
- Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education Polytechnic Entrance (MSBTE)
- Madhya Pradesh Pre Polytechnic Test (MP PPT)
- Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT)
- Odisha Diploma Entrance Test (Odisha DET)
- Punjab Joint Entrance Test (Punjab PET)
- Polytechnic Common Entrance Test Andhra Pradesh (AP POLYCET)
- Rajasthan Polytechnic Admission DTE Rajasthan
- Polytechnic Common Entrance Test Telangana State (TS POLYCET)
What is the Career Scope in India - Diploma Courses After 10th?
Polytechnic Diploma courses are helpful for students who want to kick-start their careers from an early age. All students who are facing a financial crisis or who want to earn soon opt for this course. Various job opportunities are available for students who have completed their Diploma Courses After 10th standard.
Both the government and private sectors offer the job to such students. They can also set up their own businesses. Polytechnic Diploma holders can go for numerous jobs. Here we have mentioned few job opportunities available for students who own a Certificate in Diploma after 10th class.
Public Sector / PSUs-
The government sector creates vacancies for Polytechnic Diploma holders. They offer opportunities to them at the junior position. All students who own a Diploma in engineering and non-engineering can apply for the same. Out of many companies are mentioned below who hire Polytechnic Diploma Holder.
Top Companies hiring Polytechnic Diploma Graduates:-
- IPCL – Indian Petro Chemicals Limited
- Indian Army
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- GAIL – Gas Authority of India Limited
- ONGC – Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
- Infrastructure Development Agencies
- DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organization
- NSSO – National Sample Survey Organization
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation
- Public Work Departments
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Irrigation Departments
Alike the Public sector, Polytechnic Diploma holders also get job opportunities in the private sector. Mainly companies who deal in construction and electronics, manufacturing and communication domains offer vacancies for Diploma holder students. But most of the time at the junior level.
Top private sector companies hiring Polytechnic Diploma Holders:-
- Airlines - Indigo, Spicejet, Jet Airways, etc.
- Communication Firms – Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Idea Cellular, etc.
- Mechanical Engg Firms – Hindustan Unilever, ACC Ltd, Voltas, etc.
- Automobiles – Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Tata Motors, Mahindra, Bajaj Auto, etc
- Construction Firms – Unitech, DLF, Jaypee Associated, GMR Infra, Mitas, etc.
- Electrical / Power Firms – Tata Power, BSES, Seimens, L&T, etc.
- Computer Engineering Firms – TCS, HCL, Wipro, Polaris, etc.
Self-Employment | Diploma Courses After 10th:
It is also one of the best career options for Polytechnic Diploma holder graduates. Various institutes offer such courses in which they train the student via practicals and help them know the applications of their subjects. These applications are basic to help them set up their businesses. For example, a student who owns a Diploma in Computer Engineering can kick-start his business of Computer repair or someone who has done a Diploma in Automobile Engineering can set up their own garage or an automobile repair store. All the Diploma courses are lucrative and offer a wide range of self-employment options.