B.Tech IT Course: It is an undergraduate course. This course teaches you how to use computer programs and processes in the business world. If you are looking for a course to learn about IT services and products, this course will provide you with the required knowledge and skills.
Eligibility for B Tech IT Course:
- A candidate who is eligible for Computer science will also be eligible for an Information Technology course. It does not require any additional eligibility.
The following are the eligibility criteria for admission in the B.Tech IT Course:
- Candidates should have scored a minimum mark of 60% in the 10+2. The institution should be affiliated with a recognized board.
- Candidates should have chosen the science stream in their 10+2. If computer science is chosen as another subject, it will give additional benefits. And English in 10+2 is mandatory.
- Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam. The candidate should clear that exam. Also, they can apply for state or central entrance exams conducted by the government.
- For diploma holders, It is important that they should have completed their diploma course in their respective fields.
BTech in IT Course Duration:
- B.Tech IT Course duration is 4 years. There are 2 semesters every year. The duration of each semester is 6 months. So, there are a total of 8 semesters in the B.Tech Course.
- You will study around 6-7 subjects every semester. Which may or may not be dependent on other engineering subjects.
Top Colleges for the B.Tech IT Course & Their Fees Structure:
As this course is about the use of computer science in industry, you should learn the concepts even more carefully. Having deep knowledge of the subjects will help you to properly implement the principles. Various colleges are providing this course but only the best college will train you to become fit for the market.
B.Tech IT Course Fees structure of a college should also be considered. Not everyone can afford the heavy expenses of engineering colleges. But everyone has a right to education.
So, below is the list of top colleges for the B.Tech IT Course. These colleges will provide engineering within appropriate fees.
|Shanti Institute of Technology, Meerut
||3,16,400 for 4 years
|Bhabha Institute of Technology, Kanpur
||2,87,200 for 4 years
|K.P. Group of Institutions, Agra
|HMFA Memorial Institute of Engineering and Technology, Allahabad
|Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut
|Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, Kanpur
|Sachdeva Institute Institute of Technology, Mathura
|Saroj Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow
|Bansal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow
|BN College of Engineering and Technology-(BNCET), Lucknow
Required Skills for B Tech IT Course:
Not only the will but also skills are equally important in shaping the future.
Some skills and qualities required to excel in this field are as follow:
- The first thing you should ask yourself is am I Interested in computer software. If your answer is "yes", you should definitely choose this course. As this course primarily focuses on programming languages and networking, you should be comfortable with them.
- The IT sector is growing very fast and if you want to make a career in the IT industry, you can apply for this course. There are different streams within this course. You can choose any field according to your preference.
- Some skills are also required to become successful in this field. Good problem-solving and analytical skills are the basic ones. Also, some previous knowledge about coding and programming will be beneficial.
- You should also be able to handle changes in the trends. This industry is changing very fastly. So, you should be a good learner. You should be able to use modern trends and technology efficiently.
Steps to Get Admission to the B.Tech IT Course:
Once you fulfill the eligibility criteria, the next step is to get admission to a B.Tech IT Course. There are 3 ways by which you can apply for the B.Tech Information Technology Course.
- Entrance Exams for B.Tech IT Course: If you want to build your career in engineering, entrance exams at the national level will help you in taking admission to a good engineering college. Some entrance exams are state-level which provide you admission to a good engineering college within the state.
- Direct Admission in B.Tech IT Course: Private colleges take direct admission. If you don’t apply for entrance exams, you can still take admission to a good private college. The eligibility criteria will remain the same. Some private colleges conduct their own entrance exams. So, you have to crack the exam to get admission.
- B.Tech IT Course Lateral Entry: Students who completed a Diploma in Information Technology Course can also apply for the B.Tech Information Technology Course. Now, Diploma Courses are equivalent to 10+2. The eligibility criteria will be different. One advantage of a diploma course is that you will be promoted directly to the second year of the B.Tech Course.
Job Profiles & Areas After BTech IT Course:
- The career and scope of the B.Tech In IT Course are great in the future. This industry marks several achievements in the past few years. Also, India is one of the leading countries in the IT field. It provides outsourcing services to many countries.
- With the advancement of technology, almost every field is influenced by the IT industry. Tasks that require repetitive actions are performed by robots. As in the case of the manufacturing industry. An IT specialist can take care of the software part of these robots.
- The role of an IT graduate may be different from that of a computer science graduate in some respects. His goal is to utilize the knowledge to achieve business goals. This field is full of opportunities.
Some of the Top Job Profiles are:
Data Architect: The role of a data architect is to manage the accessibility and accuracy of data in a database system
Computer Network Architect: A computer network architect develops, checks, and manages the network system.
IT Business analyst: A person who works as an intermediary between the client and software designing team is known as an IT Business analyst. He informs the software team about the requirements of the client.
Site Reliability Engineer: A site reliability engineer checks the efficiency of a website. He performs required modifications on the website. User Interface Designer: The role of a user interface designer is to work with the software designing team and take care of the user interface of the software.
- When it comes to further studies after B.Tech, M.Tech is always an option. You can apply for M.Tech in Information Technology. Here you will get specialization in a particular segment of this course.
- You can also apply for a master's in Business Administration (MBA). You will have business-oriented subjects in MBA
Salary Package After B.Tech IT Course:
- The IT industries provide a good salary package to professionals. This industry is constantly looking for skilled professionals who have deep knowledge of their subjects.
- There is a difference in salary packages for each company. But most importantly, the salary package of an IT graduate is more than any other graduate.
The salary package offered for different job roles are as follow:
||Annual Salary (INR)
|Computer System Analyst
||1.2 lakhs - 7.8 lakhs
||1.7 lakhs - 8.2 lakhs
|User Interface Designer
||2.3 lakhs - 8.1 lakhs
||1.4 lakhs - 6.9 lakhs
|Computer Technical Support Specialist
||1.9 lakhs - 8.6 lakhs
Salary also depends upon the company and job roles. Different companies provide different salaries for the same designation. Also, If you are experienced, you will be more likely to get a higher salary than a fresher.
Below is the list of Top IT Companies:
- Tata Consultancy Service
- HCL ltd.
- Wipro ltd
Difference Between Computer Science & Information Technology:
- Most people get confused Between Computer Science and Information Technology. Sometimes they use these words interchangeably. But there is a slight Difference Between IT and Computer Science.
- CS is a course in which you study programming languages, networking, and various principles used in this area. You will not learn much about their use in the industry to meet the business goals.
- On the other hand, In Information technology, you learn about the applications and uses of all the principles of computer science. You learn how to use this knowledge to achieve business goals. Basically, you can say that Information Technology is a branch of Computer science.