B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) Course Details
B.Tech Course Details-
In the pace of life, everyone wants to achieve milestones in life. Everyone wants to become a Doctor, Pilot, Journalist etc for fulfilling their dreams the hard work is important. Same as these courses the one course which is mostly pursued by the young student is B.Tech.
B. Tech is an undergraduate course under engineering. The duration of this course is 4 years. One who is going to join B.Tech must be from PCM group from his or her educational board. The eligibility to join this course is 10+2.
The Most Popular Branches Of B.tech Are-
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical Engineering
B.Tech Course Details-
Tech is Bachelor of Technology the course contains the duration of 4 years, which is pursued after 10+2 or equivalent. The fee structure for pursuing B.Tech basically depends on that particular University and Colleges. The fee which is an accord for B.Tech is Rs. 1,411,000 (approximately).
Tech can be done with both the mode i.e. Regular mode / Distance mode. The starting salary which is offered is Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 45,000 per month(approx). The advanced courses which are pursued after B.Tech are M.Tech. The employment opportunities after B.Tech are Software Engineers, System Integrator, System Analyst etc.
There are different branches in which students can specialize in his or her own interest:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Eligibility For B.Tech Course-
- The eligibility criteria which is set to take admission in B.Tech is candidates have passed their 10+2 from a specified board and have minimum 50% aggregate marks. In secondary education, the aspirants should have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with subjects like Computer, Biology and Chemistry. It is compulsory for the candidates to qualify the entrance exam.
Admission Procedure in Bachelor of Technology-
- Candidates have to give entrance exam for the admission in B.Tech course. Some states also conduct their own entrance exam for granting admission like BCECE exam in Bihar, TS EAMCET exam in Telangana, JCECE in Jharkhand, AP EAMCET in Andhra Pradesh.
Specialization Courses for B.Tech-
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech Computer Science
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
Top 10 Colleges for pursuing B.Tech-
- Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
- IIT Delhi - Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi
- SRM University, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Petroleum University, Dehradun
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- During the last year of your B.Tech, many gigantic companies will visit the University for campus placement. You can also apply on your own and if one doesn’t want to work in a company as an employee then he may start his own business and call as an Entrepreneur.
- There are so many recruitments Companies who hire the Engineers, these are Tata Consultancy Services(TCS), Hero, Bajaj, Tata Engineering Research Institute, Infosys, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL), Air India etc.
What after B.Tech?
- After the completion of B.Tech, one can go for a Masters degree in Engineering (M.Tech) in a particular field or he may pursue MBA after B.Tech. One can also go for teaching field and become a professor after M.Tech.
- In the start, an engineering graduate will get a salary ranging from Rs 20,000 to 30,000 per month. After the experience of 2 or more year, one can get a salary from 5 lacs to 10 lacs per annum.
- The demand for Engineers is not only in India but also in abroad countries, where they can get an average salary of $80000 to $ 100000 per annum.
B.Tech Entrance Exams in India-
There are a few entrance exams that are conducted in India to get admitted in B.tech are:
- MU OET(Manipal Academy of Higher Education)
- BITSAT(Birla Institute of Technology and Science),
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology(SRMJEEE)
- Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test(CG PET)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
Books and Study Materials for Entrance Exams
There are different study materials which are available in the market for helping the students during the entrance time. Online resources are also available for the preparation. Here is the list provided below with some of the best authors:
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd & Bhattacharjee
- Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee
- Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur or by Peter Atkins
- Arihant Series by D.C Pandey
- Problems in Physics by I.E Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnick Halliday
- Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight
- Problems of Calculus in One Variable by I.A Maron
- Arihant Series by Amit M Agarwal, S.K Goyal, S.L.Loney