Update on 15 Dec, 2022
5 min read
B.Com Tourism & Travel Management is an undergraduate program pursued under the commerce stream that focuses more on financial & economical management of the Tourism & Travel sector.
This course duration is 3 years and is divided into 6 semesters. It can be taken up by students who have a keen desire for financial and business management studies with a specialization in tourism & travel management.
The course ensures that the students perform well in specialized areas such as:
Which are essentials for a tourism & travel service company to establish themselves in the market? The tourism industry is the 3rd highest revenue-generating field in the country & hence there will be endless scopes for the graduates of this course.
Job possibilities for graduates of this course are abundant in both the government sector as well as in the private sector, due to the significance of this sector in the national economy.
The B.Com Tourism and Travel Management Subjects course also prepare students for communication skills & customer-related service skills, and management in the area of tourism. The curriculum is as:
➥ Degree Name: Bachelor's degree
➥ Full Name: Bachelors of Commerce Tourism & Travel Management
➥ Duration of the course: Course tenure of Bachelor of Commerce B.Com Tourism & Travel Management is 3 Years.
➥ Age Limitations: There are no prescribed age limitations
➥ Minimum aggregate Percentage marks: 50% minimum aggregate
➥ Subjects Required in intermediate level: Commerce, Business, Accountancy, Business Mathematics / Statistics / Economics
➥ Approx. Fees Incurred: INR 7K - 80K per year
➥ Similar course Options of Study: BMS, BBA, BBS, BBM
➥ Approx. Salary Offered: INR 4 L per annum
➥ Employment Profiles: Travel Executive, Tourism Trainer, Travel Content Writer, Regional Manager, And among others
➥ Placement Opportunities sectors: Hospitality Management, Tour Management, Travel agencies, and such
With a pioneering & industry-driven curriculum, this course aims to deliver the students:
This course in Tourism Administration is a combination of theoretical & practical components of study.
Students enrolled in this course are offered the opportunity to participate in various cultural and sports activities where they can learn to create interpersonal & communication skills relevant to tourism administration.
B.Com Tourism & Travel Management course has been designed to offer to eligible candidates:
The course aims to prepare its students for job roles such as:
Students are taught advanced lessons in:
B.Com Tourism & Travel management course shares noval thoughts of the travel industry on the changes faced by the management in the same industry thus provide the students with a wide range of managerial skills & competence in the field.
It enables the students with various management etiquettes and ethics in the field of tourism management & ensures that all principles are followed sequentially. It also encourages students to venture into entrepreneurship and start their own tourism & travel agencies based on the management knowledge they obtain from this course.
Students who are wanting to explore and manage a proper tourism organization can opt for this course. Every nation and all the states in those countries focus on their tourism ministries as tourism helps in the economic growth of the nations.
So there is always a steady leap in job opportunities in the industry. Also, many subjects that are pursued during this course provide greater insights into opportunities.
The Job scopes for this course are always higher and abundant, owing to the fact that tourism is indeed expanding. With experience in the job, graduates can earn around INR 12 L per annum & an executive will manage:
Some of the known B.Com Tourism & Travel Management scopes include:
The minimum eligibility criteria to get admission in B.Com Tourism & Travel Management course is 50% in 10+2 exams from a recognized board, most preferably commerce stream students.
However, due to recent expansions in the sector, this course is also open to even science and humanities stream students. They must have a valid score & must fulfill the cut-off conditions required by the college.
For some private universities, candidates are required to appear in the entrance examinations conducted by the examination body of the university and secure good ranks.
Enlisted are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfill in order to apply for this course:
Usually, the B.Com Tourism & Travel Management Course admissions are merit-based while most institutes and colleges offering the course, admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, which is conducted mostly at the institutional level, followed by a round of personal interviews.
The admission merits are decided by adding up scores of the entrance examination and 10+2 scores. But some universities and colleges have their own entrance exam for admissions.
A few institutes also provide direct admission to aspirants on the basis of the aggregate score at the 10+2 level in a related stream.
Most of the institutes and colleges offering the course admit students based on:
A few institutes also avail direct admission to candidates on the basis of the aggregate score at the 10+2 level.
The B.Com Tourism & Travel Management Course Duration is of 3 years and this program is divided into 6 semesters. Each academic year consists of 2 semesters. The entire syllabus of the program is bifurcated into theories and practical knowledge throughout the entire curriculum.
B.Com Tourism & Travel Management Course fees may be different based on the university or college the student is willing to get enrolled in. Often, the course fee varies because of the materials & lecture timings provided by the university towards course completion.
The approx. course fees levied by various public & private universities range from INR 7K - 80K per annum.
Some of the top B.Com Tourism & Travel Management course colleges & institutes offering in the country with the corresponding locations & fees charged by the respective colleges are listed below.
|Name of the Colleges||City||Approx. Annual Fees|
|Career College||Bhopal||INR 20,000|
|C.E.T. College of Management Science & Technology||Ernakulum||INR 40,000|
|C.H.M.M. College for Advanced Studies||Thiru’puram||INR 13,000|
|Christ University||Bangalore||INR 1,80,000|
|DAV Centenary College||Faridabad||INR 15,000|
|Guru Nanak Khalsa College||Haryana||INR 10,000|
|Jyoti Nivas College||Bangalore||INR 90,000|
|University of Kerala||Thiru’puram||INR 9,000|
|University of Kalyani||West Bengal||INR 15,000|
|St. Joseph’s College of Commerce||Bangalore||INR 1,50,000|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||Pune||INR 2,700|
B.Com Tourism & Travel Management Course Syllabus is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Language 1||Language 2|
|English -1||English -2|
|Methodology Perspective of Business Management||Advanced finance accounting|
|Financial Accounting||Informatics & Cyber Laws|
|Principles of Tourism||Fundamentals of Tourism Business|
|Indian financial system||Retail management|
|Indian financial system||Tourism product|
|-||Environmental public health|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Language 3||Corporate Communication|
|English -3||Advanced Corporate Accounting|
|Functional Application of Management||Business Communication & Office Management|
|Financial Management||Banking Theory & Practice|
|Tour Operator Organizations||Tourism Marketing Personal Selling|
|Public Relations||Hospitality Management|
|Quantitative Techniques for Business 2||Cost Accounting|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Business Regulations|
|Indian Financial Markets||Auditing|
|International Business||Applied Costing|
|Management of Travel Agency||Management Accounting|
|Tour Operation Management||Tourism Development & Regulations|
|Project work||Project work|
|Taxation in Tourism and Travel||MICE Tourism|
The job scope for pass out students of the B.Com Tourism & Travel Management course is very abundant owing to the massive growth in tourism and travel industries which consists of both business expansion & new companies.
The tourism industry is one of the promising revenue-generating industries and will be always an undying industry owing to its major contribution to cross-cultural development.
There won't be any sort of job struggles in this field due to its contribution to the economic growth of a country. There are numerous and enormous job roles in which the graduates can work on & improve organization stability & improve marketability.
The course also promotes entrepreneurship in which graduates can venture into their own Tourism & Travel companies/agencies.
The graduates of the B.Com Tourism & Travel Management course have various job opportunities that are available in different sectors that are related to:
The jobs that are famous are listed below:
The Travel & Tourism sector is growing at a fast pace of development in India. The government is increasingly providing much importance to the tourism sector. Many plans & initiatives have been designed & developed by the government keeping this sector in mind, owing to its potential to not only employ numerous Indian nationals but also help generate more revenue.
With a rise in the importance of this sector, the industry is going to need an increased number of qualified and eligible Tourism & Travel professionals.
The field of Tourism & Travel mainly involves:
Famous areas of employment open to such professionals include:
The pass outs of the B.Com Tourism & Travel Management course have various job opportunities that are available in various sectors that are related to Tourism management, Commutation management, and business administration.
In the public sector, graduates can find employment with Directorates & Departments of Tourism of the center & the state, while in the private sector one can secure a job in a
The good thing about this industry is that one can always move up the career staircase fast & establish his own agency after a few years as this industry is a comparatively new one & hence lacks experienced individuals.
1) Tourism Department: Tourism & Travel department facilitates reservation, sales, marketing, & tour planning. They have dedicated travel guides & information assistants to assist tourists. Information assistants are selected through a competitive exam which is held by the Staff Selection Commission to provide information concerning destinations & plan tours.
2) Travel Agencies: Agencies facilitate travel & other services for vacations or business purposes such as elaborate information about travel destinations, hotel ratings, the cheapest & the fastest mode of transport, visas, foreign exchange, etc.
3) Hotels: The hospitality sector requires professional individuals in all sectors for jobs related to the front office, operations, housekeeping, food and beverages, accounting, management, & public relations. Here a course in hotel management is always useful for aspirants wishing to enter into this field.
4) Airlines: This sector of the Tourism & Travel industry needs ground staff & the airlines’ staff who must be equipped with a degree in hotel management or Tourism & Travel. There are various career profiles as:
5) Tour Operators: Tour Operators are responsible for organizing tours & managing travel & stay of their clients. They carry out tours to well-known tourist attractions & some of them also facilitate the tourists indulge in adventure sports like river rafting & rock climbing.
6) Holiday Consultants: This is a new career option in the Tourism & Travel industry. They not only supply all the required information but also trade in providing holiday packages. The other tasks they perform are making travel plans, booking the tickets, & providing other related details to concerned parties.
7) Banks: As financial institutions act as the backbone for this industry, they need people to assist tourists & travelers on matters concerning the foreign exchange. Mostly, professionals with MBA degrees are preferred for this job. Banks also play an important job in hotel & ticket bookings for travelers.
8) Travel Executives: They manage transportation & hotel accommodations, research & book flights, & provide travelers with directions & destination information. They possess good knowledge of relevant flight regulations and required travel documentation. Travel Administrators should be:
9) Tourism Trainers: These people work for tour & travel guide companies, visitors' bureaus, & hotels. They operate in there as:
They may also lead:
10) Travel Content Writers: They earn money by selling their stories to:
These writers may work for different publications or companies, by:
They also pen down about a variety of travel-themed topics, including different aspects of the:
11) Travel Consultant: He is a travel agent who has years of experience & who has also earned certification through a trade organization. Such professionals advise clients on interesting vacation destinations & attractions. They may also handle airline, hotel, and rental car bookings, & explain local customs & conditions to clients.
We have tried hard enough to provide you, aspirants, with all the relevant information regarding B.Com Tourism & Travel Management Course and we, hope that this information will prove useful enough to you in deciding your career better.
Copyright @2021.www.collegedisha.com. All rights reserved