Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Course Details:
(B. Des Course) is an undergraduate degree that is very acknowledged in the Automobile and in Graphic Industry. This course covers all concepts of Designing. The duration of the B.Des course is four years which deals with the Design perspective and learning.
The course comprises the study of the following categories as Textile Design, Interior Space Design, Fashion Design, Product Design, and much more. Students who have finished their HSC examinations are eligible for the Bachelor of Design course list.
During internships, students work with some of the best and trusted brands, and connect their bookish knowledge of the students to the industry. For example, in Loreal'place, the design of the brand for coke is a Bachelor of Design course in some perks.
B.Des Course: Highlights
- Degree: Undergraduate
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Design
- B.Des Course Duration: The duration of the Bachelor of Design course is four years.
- Age: 19-23 Years
- Minimum Percentage: 50%
- Subjects Required: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- B.Des Course Average Fees Incurred: INR 2.2 L - 7 L per annum
- Similar Options of Study: B.Des (Hons), B.Sc (Design), B.Sc (FAD)
- Average Salary Offered: INR 5 L per annum
- Employment Roles: Fashion Designer, Interior Designer, Graphic Designer, User Experience Designer, Textile Designer, UX Designer, Design Manager, etc.
- Placement Opportunities: Shahi Exports Pvt Ltd, Amazon.com Inc, Human Factors International, Raymond Limited, Landmark Group, Arvind Brands, Godrej and Boyce, Tata Elxsi, Star India, Myntra Designs Pvt, etc.
Eligibility Criteria of B.Des Course in 2022:
The minimum requirement for admission to the M. Des Course is a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of SC / ST candidates) or any other equivalent qualification, in the same discipline.
Apart from this, Product design, Clothing Design, and Automotive Design Fields are the most pursued career options after the completion of their course. There are several colleges in India that offer the B.Des Course.
If you want to get admission to such types of colleges you must have completed 10+2 examinations. Candidates should have appeared for the NIFT entrance exams conducted all across the nation.
- Those students who are curious to pursue the Bachelor of Design course degree should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognized educational board of the country.
- Aspiring students should have secured a minimum of 50% in their 10+2/HSC degree.
- The candidates have to clear the Entrance Exams conducted by the individual Universities/colleges in accordance with the admission procedure for the same.
- For getting admission in the Bachelor of Design course, the Criteria for the score/rank obtained will differ from college to college, and also the number of seats and cut-off will determine if one is eligible.
Benefits of Studying B.Des (Bachelor of Design Course):
- The design interpretation of 3D Max is one of the finest and leading technology-based designing concepts being implemented in the field of filmmaking, which is directly related to the Bachelor of Design Course (B. Des) is an employee subject for graduates.
- Other software technology-oriented designs are Maya, and Blender to name a few are a must to learn the skill for a future in the design industry.
- The main focus of this program revolves around students to make them aware of the various areas involved in the field of history, concept, and design.
- B. Design degree holder gets chance to with some of the international brands that impart design-based knowledge on tech help in their career.
- Some of the best fashion designers in India such as Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, and Manish Malhotra. These designers are involved in the finest and most experience-based journey in front of graduates of Bachelor of Design (B.Des).
- Once a student, complete his/her degree in the design program, they are readily accepted in Garments, Leather, Textile, and other fashion-related industries which are some of the industries leading in the global platform.
- After completion of a Fashion Design degree, one makes eligible and competent enough to open their own fashion house to show their fashion skills and being an entrepreneur.
- In addition to meeting the creative people and their materialistic needs, the design curriculum promotes glamour, fame, success, and high salary packages to their students.
- After completion of the degree, aspirants can also opt for further degrees like Master of Design (M.Des Course).
Admission Process of BDes (Bachelor of Design) Course 2022:
- The aspirants are required to clear the entrance exam which is being led by the National Institute of Fashion Designing (NIFT) all across the nation in the name of the National Institute of Fashion Designing Test.
- Most universities organize their individual Entrance exams in accordance with their admission procedure.
The admission procedure for a Bachelor of Design may have a different pattern from college to college, but the basic pattern that is followed more or less in every college is as follows:
- Fill in the Registration Form
- Crack the entrance exam
- Pass the GD/PI round
- Admission to the Course Program
NIFT starts its admission process with the clearance of two exams either the Creative Ability Test (CAT) or General Ability Test (GAT), which is followed by a Group Discussion Round and Personal Interview.
The various segments that are covered in GAT are:
- Communication Ability
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Quantitative Ability
- English Comprehension
In the Group Discussion round, the skills on which a student is judged are as follows:
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective Communication
- Conceptual Clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- The contribution made to the topic
After clearing all these stages, the next stage a candidate reaches is the Personal Interview round, which is the last round. The skills that are assessed in this round are:
- Career Orientation
- Aptness for the field
- Overall personal achievements in academics & co-curricular activities
- General Awareness & Aptitude, creative & lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
List of Entrance Exams for B.Des Course in 2022:
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Exam
- MIT Institute of Design Examination
- National Institute of Design Exam
- AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design)
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Design (B.Des.):
Here we have shown a list of top-most colleges that offer Bachelor of Design courses in India:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology [NIFT], Mumbai, India
- National Institute of Design [NID], Ahmedabad, India
- National Institute of Fashion Technology [NIFT], New Delhi, India
- Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID], Pune, India
- Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology [NIIFT], Mohali, India
- International Institute of Fashion Technology [IIFT], Chandigarh, India
- International Institute of Fashion Design [IIFD], Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Design Course (B.Des Course) Syllabus 2022:
- The first two semesters of the foundation course are those that work as a bridge between fundamental concepts related to the core subjects of the school and designing.
- This foundation course includes:
- Communication Design: The course will allow the students to learn more about the impact of media reaching out to people.
- Interior Architecture Design: This subject will impart knowledge to the aspirants mostly about home architecture and its market size for employment.
- Fashion Design: It will allow candidates to grow as a perfectionist in terms of Designing Clothes and appeals.
The Following Specialization subjects follow after the 1st year & the semesters are made up of:
|Graphic Design level 1
||Graphic Design level 2
|Visual Merchandising level 1
||Visual Merchandising level 2
|Photography level 1
||Photography level 2
|Fashion basics level 1
||Fashion basics level 2
||Graphical representation and technical drawing
|History and philosophy of design
||Communication concepts and processes
||Design interpretation of AutoCAD
|Crafts study level 1
||Crafts study level 2
|Graphic Design level 3
||Graphic Design level 4
|Visual Merchandising level 3
||Visual Merchandising level 4
|Photography level 3
||Photography level 4
|Fashion Styling level 1
||Fashion Styling level 2
|Fashion journalism level 1
||Fashion journalism level 2
|Multimedia and web design
||Design interpretation of 3D Max
|Craft publication (documentation)
||Craft promotion (brand identity)
|Introduction to creative advertising
||Craft promotion (brand identity)
|Graphic design level 5
||Graduation project - 18 weeks
|Exhibition and display design
|Design management, professional ethics, and entrepreneurship
|Colloquium paper: (research paper)
List of Specializations of B.Des Course:
|Bachelor Of Design in Interior Design
||This will deal with the Interior design of homes and weddings with some fine aspects of the appeal.
|Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design
||This will deal with the Fashion aspects of famous personalities and online selling with some fine sense of fashion and designing
|Bachelor of Design in Product Design
||This will cover up the design perspective of the product and relatable activities that pertain to humans and add a sense.
|Bachelor of Design in Jewelry Design
||The course with the added advantage of Jewellery designing will cover each and every aspect of designing and its significance.
|Bachelor of Design in Graphic Design
||The course will enable an individual to combine the general Designing concepts with the Graphical interface.
|Bachelor of Design in Industrial Design
||Industrial designing will deal with the designing and engineering aspects related to modern-day technology
Employment Areas of Bachelors of Design (B.Des Course):
There are numerous employment areas for B. Des degree holders. Here we have given the name of the best fields for starting a career after graduation.
- Design Production Management
- Furniture Manufacturing Units and Accessories
- Fashion Media
- Fashion Accessory Design
- Fashion Show Management
- Garment Manufacturing Unit
- Corporate Houses
- Shopping Malls
- Fashion Marketing
Job Positions for Bachelor of Design (B.Des):
- Graphic Designer: A graphic designer has to create graphics for publishing houses, advertisements, etc.
- Costume Designer: A costume designer designs costumes for stage shows, movies, and television shows.
- Fashion Stylists: A Fashion Stylist selects clothing for print or television campaigns, music videos, concerts, etc.
- Fashion Forecasters: A fashion forecaster has to calculate season, target market, colors, fabrics, texture, etc.
- Fashion Merchandiser: A fashion merchandiser has to create campaigns, displays and advertisements, and sales strategies for fashion houses and retail houses.
- Design Managers: A design manager has to bridge the gap between the design and delivery of the project.
- Textile Designer: Textile Designer works on printed fabrics for interior upholstery or fashion clothing.
Other profiles are:
- Outside Sale Representative
- Weaving Consultant
- Cutting Assistant
- Interior Designer Entrepreneur
- Multia Studio
- Book my Show
- Aapna Infotech
- Mindtree Ltd.
Here we have given a general salary as per work location for Bachelor of Design Graduates:
|City Of Work
|New Delhi, Delhi
||Rs 288,284 - Rs 624,000
||Rs 179,000 - Rs 969,674
||Rs 237,287 - Rs 755,851
||Rs 300,000 - Rs 746,983
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu
||Rs 174,000 - Rs 441,24