B.Tech + MBA Integrated Course-
An integrated course of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) & Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is usually a five-year course and the perfect combination of technology and Management where the aspirants can learn the attributes of Engineering and Management uniformly.
- This integrated programme is ideal for candidates who are interested in joining the Management domain.
- In the global era, Engineering and Management are the most common disciplines of education because of boundless career opportunities.
- This programme is specifically designed for the aspirants who want to seek diverse skills to achieve success in their specified field.
- Through this course, one can pursue Technical knowledge as well as Managerial skill together.
- A candidate possessing these two aptitudes can acquire excellent job opportunities in any trade.
- The duration of this integrated programme is five academic years which is divided into ten semesters.
- The curriculum offers aspirants the opportunity to pursue B.Tech and MBA degrees together within 5 years of duration.
- Usually, a B.Tech course is for a duration of four years and MBA takes two more years. But if aspirants go for an Integrated B.Tech + MBA programme, then they will get a Bachelors degree in Engineering and a Masters in Management in just five years.
- Thus, it will lead to saving one crucial year for the candidates.
- The programme includes topics from Engineering for different branches being offered (Civil, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication) along with Management related topics covering the subjects of Specialization like Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, International Business, and Information technology.
Why B.Tech + MBA?
- The integrated programme of B.Tech + MBA mainly focuses on those candidates who wish to have a managerial job in a technical field.
- Bachelor of Technology course is extremely demanded in this global scenario since the IT boom whereas the Master of Business Administration has its own values that make it superior from other courses.
- The integrated B.Tech+MBA course merges these two different programmes to give an integrated degree to the aspirants so as to provide them with a wider scope and job prospects.
- It facilitates the aspirants to work in IT company in functional/
- The programme provides an added advantage to the graduate students as compared to other colleagues for promotion.
- After all, it saves one fateful year and course fee of the aspirants.
The B.Tech + MBA course graduate students can work in the following profiles in the Industry:-
- Product Managers
- Programme Managers
- Chief Technology Officers etc.
The students who aspire to pursue B.Tech + MBA integrated course after successfully completing their intermediate have to go through this eligibility criteria.
The directed eligibility criteria for B.Tech + MBA integrated programme is as follows:
- Age- The minimum age of the candidates required for this integrated programme must be 17 years or above whereas the aspirants above 25 are not eligible.
- Education Qualification- The candidates must have passed higher secondary level from any recognized board.
- The students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject.
- The aggregate marks obtained by the aspirants in the above subjects for this programme are categorized as:
- For Unreserved candidates: 45% in each subject.
- For Reserved candidates: 40% in each subject.
- The admission in B.Tech + MBA integrated course can be done through the entrance examinations of LPUNEST/JEE Mains.
- The counselling procedure is conducted after the entrance test in order to complete the entire admission process.
- The candidates who have secured 90% marks or above in the intermediate examination need not to appear for this entrance test.
Important dates to remember for taking admission in this dual degree course are
|Event||Date to Remember|
|Online Registration starts||From 1st October 2018 to 20th January 2019|
|Online Registration ends - Schedule I||January 20, 2019|
Last date of submission of Application form LPUNEST - Schedule I
|January 20, 2019|
|LPU-NEST - Online Registration Starts on - Schedule II||January 21, 2019|
|LPU-NEST - Dates of Entrance Examination - Schedule I||January 21, 2019, to February 5, 2019|
|JEE Main Exam||January 2019|
|JEE Main Exam (Paper 2)||January 2019|
|January Results (JEE Main I)||January 31, 2019|
|April Registrations (JEE Main II)||February 8 - March 7, 2019|
|The date for the final transaction of fee (April exam)||February 8 - March 8, 2019|
|April exam (JEE Main II)||April 6 - 20, 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 April exam results (JEE Main II)||April 30, 2019|
Colleges offering B.Tech + MBA course in India:-
Here are some of the colleges that offer the integrated B.Tech + MBA programme in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, [NMIMS] Mumbai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- University of Engineering and Management, [UEM] Kolkata
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Parul Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Assam Down Town University, [ADTU] Guwahati
- Amity University of Anthropology, Noida
Career Prospects after Integrated B.Tech and MBA Course:-
- The integrated B.Tech and MBA programme is the ideal choice for the candidates who desire to diversify or specialize in technical as well as Management field.
- A candidate with technical and managerial skills is extremely demanded in the IT world.
- This dual degree provides students’ an advantage by adding both technical and managerial skills in the world of technology.
- There are ample opportunities for graduates in B.Tech+MBA integrated course in Public Sector undertakings, Corporate Management, Information Technology, and Software Development, Banks, Colleges and Universities etc.
- The leadership and team building skills enable the students to get better designations and positions as soon as they complete their course which also helps them to get promotions
- This curriculum mainly focuses on developing knowledge, skills, and expertise in Engineering for corporate sectors.
- The motive of the course content is on building a consistent and dynamic bond between industry and academia which facilitates employment and automatic formulation of an industry.
- The blend of technical and managerial expertise equips next-generation managers who can endure up with the dynamic trends in the Engineering sector.
- This course unites the two fields to make it easier for the students to get lucrative job opportunities as product managers, programme managers, chief technology officers etc in an IT field.
- The graduates from this programme can expect a minimum of 25,000 INR to 30,000 INR as their starting salary.