CDS 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for CDS seems quite challenging. In order to get a good preparation for the examination, the candidates are advised to take a good look at the syllabus, exam pattern, important dates and other facts about the exam.
CDS 2019 Syllabus - English:
Basically, the question paper is designed to examine the knowledge and understanding of English and efficient use of words.
Questions from English are :
- Error Spotting
- Jumbled Sentences
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
CDS 2019 Syllabus - General Knowledge:
- General Knowledge includes knowledge of current events and everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects.
- The paper includes questions on History of India and Geography of nature.
CDS 2019 Syllabus - Elementary Mathematics:
- Number System-, Integers, Rational, Natural numbers, and Real numbers.
- Fundamental operations- Square roots, subtraction, addition, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.
- Unitary method- Distance and time, work and time, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, ratio and proportion, profit and loss, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory- Prime and composite numbers, Division algorithm, Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11, Multiples and factors, L.C.M. and H.C.F., Euclidean algorithm, Factorisation Theorem, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic Operations, Remainder Theorem, simple factors, L.C.M, H.C.F.
- Solutions of quadratic equations, Theory of polynomials, The relation between roots and its coefficients.
Simultaneous linear equations according to two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Linear equations in two variables and their solutions.
- Practical problems that lead to two concurrent linear equations or inequalities in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions.
- Rational expressions and conditional identities Set language and set notation, Laws of indices.
- cos x, Tan x, Sin x, when 0< x < 90 degrees, Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees, Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances, Simple trigonometric identities.
- Lines and Angles, Plane and plane figures
(E). Theorems on:
- Similar triangles
- The concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles, rectangle and square sides, and diagonals of a parallelogram
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals
- Properties of angles at a point
- Parallel lines
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruence of triangles
- Areas ( triangle, parallelograms, squares, rectangles, and circle).
- Areas of figures that can be split up into these figures (Field Book)
- Surface area and volume of cuboids surface area and volume of spheres,, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, .
- Tabulation and collection of Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, statistical data, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
CDS 2019 - Intelligence and Personality Test:
- In addition to the interview, the candidates will have to go for an Intelligence Test which comprises of verbal and non-verbal skills to evaluate their basic intelligence.
- The candidates will also go for Group Tests such as group planning, group discussions, outdoor group tasks, and will be asked to give brief lectures on specific subjects.
- The intention of all these tests is to judge and understand the mental calibre of the candidate.
College Admission Open 2020
Get Upto 50% Fees Discount
Colleges Admission Open 2020 touch_app