The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) will conduct the West Bengal Board Secondary Education for the Class 9 students. The West Bengal Board conducts the 9th exam every year in pen and paper mode.
The West Bengal Board 9th exam is an important milestone for the student as it will focus on the basics of the subjects taught in Class 10. Students appearing for the Class 9 Board exams from the schools affiliated with the West Bengal Board must be aware of all the important aspects of the exam like the exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, timetable, etc.
The West Bengal Board of Secondary exam will conduct the Class 9th exam in pen and paper mode. Students appearing for the exam must get all the study material for the exam so that they can prepare for the exams well.
The WBBSE is in charge of Classes 6 to 10 and sets all the rules and the guidelines for the exams of these classes. As per the guidelines of the Boards, the schools will conduct all the Formative and the Summative Assessments from Classes 6 to 10.
Features of WBBSE:
The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education is an autonomous body that will control the examination and formulate the guidelines for the Secondary schools of West Bengal.
- Functioning of Classes I to 12 of the schools of West Bengal.
- Management of the study resources to be at par with the level of education of the country.
- Recruitment of teachers and administrative staff of the school.
- Maintain the language policy and scheme as decided by the Board.
- Formation of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and the West Bengal Board of Senior Secondary Education.
West Bengal Board 9th 2024: Highlights
- Name of the Exam: West Bengal Board 9th
- Conducting authority: West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
- Class: 9th
- Frequency of the Exam: Summative Assessments & Formative Assessments
- Level of the Exam: State level
- State: West Bengal
- Subjects of the Exam: First language - Bengali, Second language - English, Mathematics, Science and Environment, Geography and Environment, History and Environment & Health and Physical Education
- Languages of the Exam: Bengali and English
- Official Website: https://wbbse.wb.gov.in/
Subjects of WBBSE 9th Exam 2024:
- First language- Bengali
- Second language- English
- Science and Environment
- Geography and Environment
- History and Environment
- Health and Physical Education
Eligibility Criteria of West Bengal Board 9th:
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- The student must be a domicile of the State of West Bengal.
- The student must pass the Class 8 exam with the required percentage of marks.