UTET Syllabus: Uttarakhand Board of School Education releases the official UTET Syllabus Paper I and Paper-II. There are no changes made in the paper pattern and UTET Exam Syllabus 2023 of the UTET Exam.
Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (UTET) will be organized by the Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE), Uttarakhand. This competitive exam is conducted for the recruitment of Primary and Upper Primary level Teachers in the schools of Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand TET exams consist of 2 stages of paper i.e., Paper- I & Paper-II.
UTET Exam Syllabus 2023:
In addition, Paper- I am recruiting for the post of Primary Level Teachers (Class 1st to 5th). Whereas, Paper-II is to recruit Upper Primary Level Teachers (Class 6th to 8th). Uttarakhand Board declared UTET Exam Syllabus, Applicants can check the complete UTET Syllabus 2023 and can download it in Pdf format.
✍ UTET Syllabus Paper 1: Questions from Child Development, Mathematics, Learning & Pedagogy, Language- 1, Language-2, and Environmental Studies are asked.
✍ UTET Syllabus Paper 2: The candidate will get an option in the fourth subject between Mathematics and Social Studies.
UTET Syllabus for Paper 1 & Paper 2:
In the Notification section of Uttarakhand TET will be released syllabus through online mode only. On the official portal of UBSE, applicants can check the whole syllabus. Aspirants need to prepare according to the UTET Syllabus 2023. The subjects include in it such as Child Development and Pedagogy, Languages (English, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit), Mathematics, and Environment Studies. In the language, subject aspirants have to choose any two for Paper- I & II. Also, the environmental Studies subject is only included in the Paper- I question paper.
- There will be 150 Objective types of questions or MCQs for 150 Marks.
- The Duration of the UTET Exam is 150 minutes for Paper- I and Paper- II separately.
- Aspirants can get 01 marks for each correct answer.
- Also, there will be no negative markings in this entrance exam.
UTET Syllabus 2023:
Concept and growth of Development, Meaning and concept of learning and its processes, Factors affecting learning, Role of Heredity and environment, how children learn and think, concept and types of personality, Understanding Individual differences on the basis of language, gender, community, caste & religion, theories and its measurement, Multidimensional Intelligence, Learning difficulties, Concept and ways of Adjustment, Teaching-Learning Process, Role of teacher in Adjustment.
- Language (English) Syllabus:-
Unseen Poem, Unseen Passage, Inferences, Subject-verb concord, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Assonance, Rhyme, Basic Knowledge of English Sounds and their Phonetic Transcription, Modal Auxiliaries, Phrasal Verbs and Idioms, Literary Terms: Elegy, Sonnet, Short story, Drama; Principles of Teaching English, Challenges of Teaching English, Communicative Approach to English language teaching, Methods of Evaluation, Remedial Teaching.
Concept of Fractions, Prime and composite numbers, LCM, HCF, Place Value, Fundamental mathematical operations, Average, Profit-Loss, Simple Interest, Geometry, Logical Thinking, Place of Mathematics in the curriculum, Evaluation through Formal and Informal methods, Problems of Teaching, Error analysis and related aspects of teaching and learning.
- Environment Studies Syllabus:-
The profession of your surroundings, Public places and Institutions, Culture and Civilization, Transport and Communication, Personal Hygiene, Living Beings, Matter and Energy, Concept and scope of Environment studies, principles of Education learning, Significance and Integrated Environment studies, Scope and relation.
Download UTET Syllabus PDF for Paper I and II:
- Candidates can visit the official website of the Uttarakhand Vidyalaya Education Council (UVEC).
- After you select the suitable link of Uttarakhand TET Syllabus & UTET Exam Pattern.
- Enter the required details like Name of Exam, Department Name, Paper Name, etc.
- After filling in the details you have to hit on the ‘submit’ tab.
- At last, you have to save and print UTET Syllabus 2023.
Child Development and Pedagogy Syllabus
Unit-I (06 marks)
Unit-II (06 marks)
- Child Development: Concept of growth and development, Principles and dimensions of development. Factors affecting development (especially in the context of family and school) and its relationship with learning
- Role of Heredity and environment
- Meaning and Concept of learning and its processes. Factors of Affection learning.
- Theories of learning and its implication
- How Children learn and think.
- Motivation and Implications for Learning.
Unit-III (06 marks)
Unit-IV (06 marks)
- Individual Differences: Meaning, types and factors Affecting Individual differences Understanding individual differences on the basis of language, gender, community, caste & religion.
- Personality: Concept and types of personality, Factors responsible for shaping it. It's a measurement.
- Intelligence: Concept, Theories and its measurement, Multidimensional Intelligence.
- Understanding diverse learners: Backward, Mentally retarded, gifted, creative, disadvantaged and deprived, especially-abled.
- Learning Difficulties.
- Adjustment: Concept and ways of adjustment. Role of teacher in the adjustment.
Unit-V (06 marks)
- A teaching-learning process, Teaching learning strategies and methods in the context of National Curriculum Framework 2005.
- Meaning and purposes of Assessment, Measurement, and Evaluation. Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation. Constriction of Achievement Test.
- Action Research.
- Right to Education Act 2009 (Role and Responsibilities of Teachers)
UTET English Syllabus:
- Unseen Prose Passage
- Linking Devices, Subject-Verb Concord, Inferences
- Unseen Poem
- Identification of Alliteration, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Assonance, Rhyme.
- Modal Auxiliaries, Phrasal Verbs, and Idioms, Literary Terms: Elegy, Sonnet, Short Story, Drama.
- Basic knowledge of English Sounds and their Phonetic Transcription.
- Principles of Teaching English, Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching, Challenges of Teaching English: Language Difficulties, Errors, and Disorders.
- Methods of Evaluation, Remedial Teaching.UTET Syllabus
- Child Development and Pedagogy Syllabus:
UTET Mathematics Syllabus
- Whole number up to one crore,
- Place Value,
- Fundamental mathematical operations: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division;
- Indian Currency.
- Concept of fraction,
- proper fractions,
- comparison of paper fraction of the same denominator,
- mixed fraction,
- comparison of proper fractions of unequal denominators,
- Addition and Substation of fractions,
- Prime and composite number,
- Prime factors,
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- University Law,
- Simple interest.
- Place and curved surfaces, plane and solid geometric figures, prosperity of plane geometrical figures; pint, line, ray, line segment; Angle and their types.
- Length, Weight, Capacity, Time, measurement of area and their standard units and relations between them; Area and perimeter of plane surfaces of square and rectangular objects.
- Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking.
- Place of Mathematics in Curriculum.
- Language of Mathematics.
- Community Mathematics.
- Evaluation through formal and informal methods.
- Problems of Teaching.
- Error analysis and related aspects of learning and teaching
- Diagnostic and Remedial Teaching
UTET Environmental Studies Syllabus:
Unit – I (Marks-05)
- Family Personal relationships, nuclear and joint families, social abuses (child marriage, dowry system, child labour, theft); addiction (intoxication, smoking) and its personal, social, and economical bad effects.
- Clothes and Habitats – Clothes for different seasons; maintenance of clothes at home; handloom and power loom; habitats of living beings, various types of houses; cleanliness of houses and neighbouring areas; Different types of materials for building houses.
- Profession – Profession of your surroundings (stitching clothes, gardening, farming, animal rearing, vegetable vendor, etc.), small and cottage industries; major industries of Rajasthan State, Need for consumer protection, co-operative societies.
- Public places and Institutions – Public places like school, hospital, post office, bus stand, railway station; Public property (street light, road, bus, train, public buildings, etc.); wastage of electricity and water; employment policies; general information about Panchayat, legislative assembly, and parliament.
- Our Culture and Civilization – Fairs and festivals, National festivals; Dresses, food-habits and art and craft of Rajasthan; Tourist places of Rajasthan; Great personalities of Rajasthan.
Unit — III (Marks-05)
- Transport and Communication – Means of transport and communication; Rules for pedestrians and transport; Effects of means of communication on the lifestyle.
- Personal Hygiene – External parts of our body and their cleanliness; general information about the internal parts of the body; Balance diet and its importance; Common diseases (gastroenteritis, amoebiasis, methemoglobin, anaemia, fluorosis, malaria, dengue.) their causes and methods of prevention; Pulse Polio campaign.
- Living Beings~ Levels of organization of plants and animals, diversity of living organisms, state flower, state tree, state bird, state animal; knowledge of reserve forest and wildlife (national parks, sanctuaries, tiger reserve, world heritage), conservation of species of plants and animals, knowledge of Kharif and Rabi crops.
Unit — IV (Marks-05)
- Matter and Energy – Common properties of substances (color, state, ductility, solubility) various types of fuels; types of energy and transformation of one form into another; Applications of energy in daily life, sources of light, common properties of light. > Basic knowledge of air, water, forest, wetlands, and deserts; different kinds of pollution, renewable and non-renewable resources of energy in Rajasthan and concept of their conservation; weather and climate; water cycle.
Unit – V (Marks-05)
- Concept and scope of Environment Studies
- Significance of Environment Studies, Integrated Environment Studies
- Environmental Studies & Environmental Education learning Principles
- Scope & relation to Science & Social Science
- Approaches of presenting concepts Activities
Unit — VI (Marks-05)
- Experimentation/Practical Work
- Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation
- Teaching Material/Aids
- Problems of Teaching