The syllabus for the IRDA Exam will be decided by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. The IRDA Exam 2023 will be conducted in 3 phases- Prelims, Mains, and Interview round.
IRDA Syllabus 2023 for Assistant Manager
Phase I-Prelims Syllabus
Prelims have 4 sections - Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, General reasoning, and English language.
Details of IRDA Prelims Syllabus
Section - Reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Similarities and Differences
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Space visualization
- Visual Memory
- Decision making
- Analysis and judgment
- Number series
Section - Quantitative Aptitude
- Linear equation
- Data sufficiency
- Number series
- Mixtures and allegations
- Profit and loss
- Sequences and series
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Time and work
- Ratio and proportion
- Quadratic equation
- Data interpretation
- Time and Distance
Section - English Language
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- English grammar and comprehension
- Error spotting
- Correct and incorrect usages
Section - General Awareness
- Important days
- Budget and 5-year plan
- National and International current affairs
- National and International organizations
- Major economic and Financial news
- Inventions and discoveries
- Indian Financial system
- Books and authors
- Awards and Honours
Phase II - Mains Syllabus
Mains has 3 papers- English, Economic and social issues impacting Insurance, Insurance, and Management.
Paper I - English
- Precis writing
- Essay writing
- Comprehension and Business
Paper II - Economic and Social issues impacting Insurance
- Impact of age structure on Economy
- Macroeconomic factors like pandemics and catastrophes influence the Economy.
- Application of Utility theory to Insurance premium setting.
- Financial markets
- Systemic risk and concentration risk
- Economic capital and risk-based capital requirements
- Contribution of the Insurance sector to the responsible development of the economy
- Insurance investment in the infrastructure sector
- Insurance sector reforms and economic reforms in India
- Role of Actuary in India
- Financial market regulations
- Changing Insurance regulations and Insurance laws
- Insurance in rural areas and social sectors
- Implementation of social security laws
- Social structure in India and Indian microinsurance experience
- Health insurance schemes for below-poverty-line families.
Paper III - Insurance and Management
- History and principles of Indian Insurance
- Legal foundations of Insurance, health insurance, and pensions.
- The functions of Insurers include product design, pricing, claims, investment, and reinsurance.
- Insurance lines and products include life insurance and annuities, health insurance, Specialist Insurance lines in India, Agricultural and export credit guarantees, Liability risks, and Insurance.
- Nature and scope of Management
- A successful leader versus an effective leader.
- Performance appraisal, rewards, and employee welfare.
- Motivation, morals, and incentives.
- Steps of Communication, communication channels, oral and written communication.
- Role of Information technology.
- Corporate Governance and factors affecting Corporate Governance.
Best books and study material for the IRDA syllabus 2023
The IRDA Exam 2023 is conducted in 3 phases- Prelims, Mains, and Interviews. Check out the best books and authors for the IRDA Assistant Manager Exam.
|Sections of the Exam
||Books and Authors/Publishers
||A Modern Approach to Logical reasoning by R S Agarwal
A modern approach to verbal and nonverbal reasoning by R S Agarwal
||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive examination by R S Agarwal
Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude in Competitive examinations by Disha Publications
||General knowledge by Dr Binay Karna, R P Suman, Manavendra Mukul
||English for quantitative examination by Wren and Martin
|Sections of the Exam
||Books and Authors
||General English for Competitive Examination by SC Gupta
High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
Descriptive English by S P Bakshi
|Insurance and Management
||Insurance Management by SC Sahoo
Essentials of banking and Insurance by Sunil Kumar
Principles of risk management and Insurance by E.Rejda George
|Economic and Social issues impacting Insurance
||Economic and social issues in India by Dhruv Kumar
Indian Economy Compendium by Disha Experts
Indian Economic Development by Gaurav Jain
|Name of the Book
|5 steps to crack Personal Interview
|The lazy man’s guide to crack any Interview
|Mastering Interviews and Group discussions
Tips to Crack the IRDA Exam 2023
- Download and understand the IRDA Exam pattern 2023 and syllabus properly before starting your preparation.
- Make a personal timetable and devote time to all the subjects with special emphasis on the weaker sections.
- Revise each subject thoroughly after completing each section.
- Practice sample papers and attempt mock tests to gain confidence and improve time management.
- Read newspapers daily and keep yourself updated with current affairs to perform well in the Interview section.
- Work on speed and accuracy to attempt the maximum number of questions correctly.