UGC NET Result 2024:
UGC NET Result 2024: National Testing Agency will release UGC NET Result 2024 for the merged December 2024 and June 2024 cycles. The exam for the merged cycles is held in two phases, Phase-I was held from 9th July to 12th July and Phase-II will be held from 20th to 30th September 2024.
NTA will release the UGC NET Phase I result soon on the official website of UGC NET. The result will be released along with the final answer key, Candidates who have appeared in the UGC NET Entrance exam will be able to check their result by logging into the website after entering their application no. and D.O.B.
Please note that UGC NET Result 2024 will be released in the form of a scorecard which will show the marks obtained by the candidate. Other details such as the candidate's application no., parent's name, opted subject name, post name and result status will also be displayed in your UGC NET Result 2024 scorecard.
UGC NET Result 2024 - Important Details:
All the candidates must know that the UGC NET Result 2024 / NTA NET Result 2024 will be released twice with different objectives. The first result will be released to show the scores obtained by the candidates and the second time, the result will be released to announce the names of qualifying candidates for the National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC), National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste (NFSC) and Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF).
UGC NET Result 2024 Dates
Candidates who have appeared in UGC NET Exam 2024 will be able to check the NTA NET Result 2024 dates in the table mentioned below:
UGC NET 2024 Result Events
UGC NET 2024 Result Dates
UGC NET exam 2024
Phase I Exam: 9th July, 11th July and 12th July 2024
Phase II Exam: 20th September to 30th September 2024
To be announced
To be announced
National Fellowship Result
To be announced
National Testing Agency is soon going to announce the UGC NET Result 2024 for Phase-I exams, Candidates will be able to find a direct link to check UGC NET 2024 Result in this article. We will attach the link here after the official declaration of the UGC National Eligibility Test Result.
How to download UGC NET Result 2024?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the UGC NET Result 2024:
- Visit the official website of the UGC NET exam i.e https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Find the "UGC NET Result 2024" link available on the home page. Click on the link.
- Now you will be directed to a new page where you have to enter the following details: Application no. , Date of Birth, Security pin displayed on the screen, and then click on Submit Button.
- Your UGC NET Result 2024 will be displayed on the screen in the form of a scorecard. Download your UGC NET Scorecard 2024 for further use.
Details Mentioned on UGC NET Scorecard 2024:
Please note that your UGC NET Scorecard will contain some details, make sure that you cross-check these details:
- Candidate's Name
- Roll No.
- Application No.
- Mother's Name
- Father's Name
- Subject Name and Code
- Total no. of candidates registered for the same subject
- No. of candidates appeared in the exam for the same subject
- Name of the post applied for (JRF and Assistant Professor)
- Paper Wise Marks and Total Marks obtained
- The percentage obtained in papers and total percentage
- Exam qualifying status
What if you Forgot the UGC NET Application No.?
Forgotten your UGC NET Application no. ? Here's how you can check your NTA NET Result 2024 if you do not have your application no.:
- Visit the official website: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Click on the "UGC NET Result 2024" link available on homepage or announcement section.
- Then Click on "Forgot Application no."
- Enter the details required on the page (name, father's name, mother's name, DOB and security pin visible on screen).
- Click on "Get Application No."
- Your application no. will appear on the screen, immediately take a screenshot and use it to view your UGC NET Result 2024.
How to Check UGC NET Result 2024 for National Fellowship?
National Testing Agency (NTA) will also release the UGC NET National Fellowship Result 2024 for three fellowship schemes namely National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste (NFSC), Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF), and National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC). Candidates will be able to check whether they are awarded any of these fellowships or not by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of UGC NET -https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- On the Homepage (announcement section), search for the link "List of Candidates Qualified for Award of NFSC/ MANF/ MANF"
- Click on it and a PDF will open on the screen.
- Download the PDF and find your name/application no. in the list.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for UGC NET Exam 2024:
There are specific steps followed while preparing the UGC NET Result and shortlisting the qualified candidates. These steps are as follows:
- The total no. of UGC-NET qualified candidates should be 6% of the total candidates who appeared in the exam.
- The slots available for the AssistaMinimum Qualifying Marks for UGC NET Exam 2024 nt Professor post and Junior Research Fellowship are allocated category-wise as per the Government of India's Reservation Policy.
- In order to be considered eligible for the Assistant Professor post and JRF or only Assistant Professor post, candidates must appear in both papers; Paper I and Paper II and obtain the minimum qualifying score. Below we have mentioned the aggregate marks required to be obtained in both papers to become eligible for JRF and Assistant Professor posts:
(Out of 100 Marks)
(Out of 100 Marks)
UGC NET qualifying marks for General Category (Unreserved)
OBC Non-creamy layer, PWD/SC/ST and Transgenders
- The no. candidates to be shortlisted as qualified in any subject for a particular category (General, SC, ST, OBC, PwD, etc) will be determined through this formula:
- No. of candidates belonging to the specific Category who secure minimum required qualifying marks in Paper I as well as Paper II together for that category and subject × Total no. of seats reserved for the category ÷ Total no. of candidates belonging to that category over all subjects who scored atleast 35% aggregate marks in both papers.
- Candidates who have applied for JRF and Assistant Professor out of total qualifying candidates will be shortlisted for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
- The slots allocated to candidates for awarding JRF to different categories based on the Government of India's reservation policy. The JRF Slots allocated to different categories are based on the formula mentioned below:
- No. of candidates belonging to a particular category who have opted for JPF and also qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in particular subject × Total JRF slots reserved for that particular category ÷ Total no. of candidates belonging to that particular category over all subjects who have opted for JRF and qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET Normalisation Process 2024:
UGC NET Normalisation Process is a way of comparing the scores of aspirants across multi-session papers. NTA uses the percentile equivalence procedure to normalize the scores. The normalization process is based on the relative performance of candidates who have taken the UGC NET exam. The scores of the candidates are measured on a scale of 100 to 0 for each UGC NET session.
To know more about the UGC NET Normalization process, please refer to the points below:
- The highest scorer of each session will get a percentile of 100 .
- The raw scores of the candidates will not be used to form the merit list, instead the UGC NET Normalized Percentile scores will be used to prepare the merit list of shortlisted candidates.
- To avoid the ties between candidates and the bunching effect, the percentile will be converted up to seven decimal places.
UGC NET Certificate 2024:
Once NTA declares the UGC NET Result 2024, all the candidates who will qualify for the exam will be able to download their UGC NET Certificate and JRF Award letters from the official e-certificate website of NTA. After this, the qualifying candidates would be able to apply for Assistant Professor jobs in Indian universities and colleges. Please note that JRF qualifying candidates will be able to pursue a Ph.D. in the field of their chosen UGC NET subject.
What is the validity of UGC NET Certificate?
UGC NET Certificate validity for Assistant Professor is for a lifetime. However, the validity of the UGC NET JRF Award letter is 4 years starting from the day the letter is issued.
How to download UGC NET Certificate and JRF Award Letter 2024?
- Visit the official website of the NTA e-certificate i.e https://ecertificate.nta.ac.in/login.php
- Select the Institution UGC NET.
- Select your Institution as "UGC NET" and enter the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- Click on Proceed.
- Now enter your roll no./application no. , DOB, exam session, and captcha code and Click on Submit.
- Your UGC NET Certificate will appear on the screen in the form of a PDF File. Download your UGC NET E-certificate.