Introduction:- Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced (JEE-Advanced), formerly IIT-JEE is an annual engineering college entrance examination in India conducted by IIT Roorkee.
JEE Advanced Exam 2020 Information-
- JEE Advanced is a National level Entrance Exam to get admission in Engineering or Architecture programs in the top institutes of India such as IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs etc.
- To appear in JEE Advance 2020, the candidates are required to appear in JEE Mains 2020. The JEE Advanced examination is thus conducted as a gateway for IIT admissions.
- It is conducted by the top seven zonal of IITs, i.e. IIT Roorkee, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Guwahati.
- JEE Advanced Examination is organized as the sole admission test by the 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- Joint Entrance Exam Advanced, also known as IIT-JEE is organized under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB).
- It is conducted for admissions in Bachelor’s, Integrated, Master’s, Dual Degree programs offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee has announced that JEE Advanced 2020 will be held on May 19 (Sunday).
OVERVIEW OF JEE ADVANCED Exam 2020
JEE Advance 2020
Level of Exam
Mode of Examination
Online mode/Computer Based Test (CBT)
Once a year
3 hours per paper
Admissions into IITs
Hindi and English
Number of Papers
- JEE Advanced 2020 consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each paper will have a time duration of 3 hours and will be conducted in two different sessions.
These two papers will follow the below-mentioned schedule
|Paper 1||19/May/2020||Sunday||9:00 to 12:00 IST||Session 1|
|Paper 2||19/May/2020||Sunday||14:00 to 17:00 IST||Session 2|
- Both of the papers will contain 3 sections - Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The exam will be conducted across 155 cities in India and 6 cities in abroad.
JEE ADVANCED 2020 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
According to the JEE Advance, 2020 eligibility criteria, the age limit, academic qualifications, nationality, and other mandatory requirements must meet by all the candidates who want to register themselves for this exam.
The candidates need to go through the following parameters to appear in this examination:
- Age: The age of the general category candidates should not exceed 26 years of age. There is a big relief for the reserved candidates as there is an age relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST and PWD candidates which means the age limit is 30 years.
- Education Qualification: The education qualification of the aspirants required for JEE Advanced examination is categorized as :
- For Unreserved Candidates: Minimum qualifying percentile in 10+2 level is 75%.
- For Reserved Candidates: Minimum qualifying percentile is 65%.
- Number of attempts: The aspirants can give JEE Advanced 2020 two times in consecutive years.
- Performance in Class 12th: The candidates must be among 2,24,000 All India Rank Holders (including all categories) in JEE Mains 2020.
- Nationality: The aspirant appearing for JEE Advanced 2020 must be Indian Nationals, PIO/OCI/ Foreign National Candidate.
- The students appearing in Class 12th are also eligible for JEE Advanced 2020.
- The candidates should have appeared for the Class 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in either 2018 or 2020.
- The aspirants should not have appeared in the JEE (Advanced) examination 2 years before.
- The total number of candidates can be slightly greater than 2,24,000 candidates in the case of “tied” ranks/scores in any of the categories.
College Admission Open 2020
Get Upto 50% Fees Discount
Colleges Admission Open 2020 touch_app