- The candidate must be a citizen of India. But are certain leverages given to central other enthusiasts such as :
- A candidate can be a subject of Nepal, or Bhutan.
- A candidate who is a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962.
- A candidate who is of Indian origin but migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and the East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi, Vietnam, and Ethiopia.
- The age of the candidate must be between 21 to 31 years old.
- For SC/ST - leverage up to 5 years.
- For OBC - leverage up to 3 years.
- For Personnel with disability - leverage up to 10 years
- Bachelor’s Degree either in Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science or Botany or Chemistry or Geology or Mathematics or Physics or Statistics or Zoology.
- Bachelor's degree either in Agriculture or Forestry or in Engineering.
Number of Attempts
- Every candidate is eligible for 6 attempts at most.
- For Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, there are no restrictions on the number of attempts.
Medical and Physical Standards
- Applicants must meet certain physical requirements and be physically fit in order to be admitted to the Indian Forest Service Examination.