Synopsis NDA 2019
National Defence Academy
Union Public Service Commission
Level of exam
10+2 Passed - Male candidates can apply (Unmarried)
Mode of Application
Offline (pen and paper based)
2 hours 30 minutes
NDA has 335 posts:
- 208 Army posts,
- 55 Navy posts,
- 72 Air Force posts
NDA 2019 Eligibility Criteria-
The eligibility criteria NDA 2019 Exam should be fulfilled by aspiring candidates to apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria for the NDA 2019 are as follows:
A candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan exile who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the purpose of permanent settlement.
- A person of Indian origin who has immigrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, and East African Countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the plan of lasting settlement.
Note: Candidates belonging to the above categories should hold a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit, Gender, and Marital Status:
- Age: Only those candidates will be eligible for the exam who must be born not before 2nd July 1998 and not after than 1st July 2001. Candidates should also note that once the date of birth has been asserted by them and entered in the records of the Commission, then no change will be allowed after or at any subsequent examinations on any grounds whatsoever.
- Gender: Only male candidates are eligible to enrol for the exam.
- Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates are fitted for the exam. A candidate who partners subsequent to the date of his application will not be selected for training.
- Proof: For proof of age the following can be shown:
- Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent or,
- An excerpt from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University certified by a proper authority of the University or,
- A Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
- Note: no subsequent request for certificate change will be considered or granted by the UPSC.
- Documents: These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written examination. No other document regarding age like birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, horoscopes, affidavits, service records and the like will be acceptable.
Candidates must be fit as per the physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2019. A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training, academies are ineligible to apply.
- The corrected distance vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye. Myopia must not exceed more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism. Eyes will also be examined Internally sing the ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye.
- A Candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be (CP-III) for the army. A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colours and candidates will be required to give a certificate that neither he nor any member of his family has congenital night blindness.
- Candidates who have undergone radial keratotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected for all the services. Candidates who have undergone laser surgery for correction of the refractive error are also not acceptable to defence service.
Visual Standard for Naval Candidates:
- Uncorrected without glass 6/6,6/9
- Corrected with glass 6/6,6/6
- Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5
- Binocular Vision III
- Limits of colour perception I
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force, Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 in School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as subjects conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 in School Education or equivalent can also apply for this examination.