JK BOSE is the abbreviation form of the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education. JK BOSE was begun through legislation under the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education Act, 28 Aug 1975 (43 years ago). The JKBOSE is an authorised organisation that regulate the class 10 board exams every year in J&K state. It’s Headquarters located in Jammu, Srinagar, J&K, India. Agha Ashraf Ali was its first chairman but now Prof. Veena Pandita is placed on the position of Chairperson. The board grants affiliation to more than 10,200 schools across the state and employs 22,856 teachers.
The JKBOSE body is the governing board comprising the following members:
- Chairman, J&K State BOSE
- Commissioner/Secretary of Education
- Director of School Education (Jammu Division)
- Director of School Education (Kashmir Division)
- A representative each of the two Universities of Jammu & Kashmir respectively, to be nominated by the concerned University Council.
- 2 persons nominated by Government, one male and one female officer from among Principals, Headmasters and Headmistress of teaching institutions in the State.
- Secretary, BOSE (Member Secretary)
Functions of BOSE
- JKBOSE is an authorised organisation that is responsible for conducting public examinations of secondary and higher secondary Classes
- Jammu and Kashmir State Board devise and declare results of examinations
- J&K State Board grants numerous diplomas and certificates
- JK Board of School Education is a responsible body that authorised a large number of courses, scheme of studies, prepare syllabi, curriculum and textbooks for the School Education as per National Policy on Education
- Ample number of textbooks are printed and supplied to the School Education Department
- JKBOSE imparts education through State Open School under Open Distance Learning (ODL) mode for those pupils who are not able to take formal education.
- Every year, JK State Board also grants Award, Medals and Prizes to talented scholars in public examinations.
- Jammu and Kashmir Board has authority to grant affiliation to private (secondary and higher secondary) schools
- Numerous National Sponsored Schemes has been implemented by JK State Board such as NTSE/NMMS, Scholarships, Adolescence Education Programme, National Achievement Survey, etc.
Jammu & Kashmir Board of School Education
28 August 1975 [43 years ago]
JKBOSE 10th 2019 Board Exam
Governmental Board of School Education
Jammu, Srinagar, J&K, India
Rehari Colony, Jammu, J&K, India- 180005
Prof. Veena Pandita
Riaz Ahmad Kashmir Administrative Service