Update on 23 Dec, 22
5 minutes read
Counselling refers to a technical process that helps one to figure out their emotional state. At times, people don't know how to react to the things happening around them.
They get stuck. And if this cycle goes on, very soon, they face psychological trauma. And psychological drama is deadly. Therefore, counseling is the only way to help them out and get back to normalcy.
Counseling is a method using which the counselor interacts with an individual facing a problem or trauma. The entire procedure of counseling is a safe & ambiance process. Counseling is not something that can be defined in a single word or a line.
It has a depth meaning. The counselor is a trained professional who conducts the counseling, and the counselor does it in a way that helps you to explore your thoughts. And eventually, you keep saying about all your problems and crucial issues in detail.
The thing is that this is not where the counseling process ends. Once the counselor interacts with you & gets to know about all your problems, the counselor evaluates them and suggests solutions for them.
You know what? There are a lot of counseling types. And here we are gonna discuss the counseling process & types in detail:
1. Online Counselling: There are a lot of individuals who don’t want to meet their counselors online, or we can say that they won’t be able to share their problems face-to-face with their counselors. In such a scenario, those individuals have the option to go for online counseling with their counselors.
2. Personal Counselling: Personal Counselling refers to face-to-face counseling sessions when you meet the counseling & then the counseling is conducted in the counselor’s chamber. This is one of the oldest and most popular formats of counseling.
3. Group Counselling: Group counseling sessions are usually the sessions that are pre-decided by the counselors. They organize it for all those who are facing some kind of problem in their lives. One can just go & join the counseling session to address his/her issues. However, personal counseling sessions are always better than group counseling sessions.
4. Telephonic Counselling: Telephonic Counselling is the best substitution for online or in-person counseling. In telephonic counseling, one can interact with the counselor over the telephone or mobile phone to share his/her problems. These sessions are considered best for professionals who are also busy with their schedules. The telephonic session is very much secured as well.
The counseling process is a very systematically designed process to cater to individuals who are not able to deal with the problems/issues in their lives.
This process involves a lot of detailed evaluation & procedures. Therefore, the counseling process involves certain steps which are to be followed before the counseling.
They are as follows:
1. Making a Comfortable Relationship: A counselor needs to build a relationship with an individual before starting the counseling process. Because this makes an individual feel comfortable about sharing his/her deepest problems with the counselors. Unless it will be very difficult for one to share the problems with the counselor in a rush.
2. Interpretation: This step plays a crucial role in the entire counseling process. Generally, the counselors motivate you ton to speak about your problems in detail. This step is known as the assessment stage where the counselor gets to know about your problems in general.
3. Making an Objective: After going through your problems thoroughly, the counselor makes an objective for you to overcome them. The counselor plans it in a way that things become easier for you to reconcile it.
4. Course of Action: This is the last step. Here the counselor plans an entire action plan for you to deal with all your problems. The counselor advises you on the important steps you need to take to deal with it & how you can overcome it easily.
Copyright @2021.www.collegedisha.com. All rights reserved