Which of the following aspects will you look into while searching for a job?
- Organization’s reputation
- Growth opportunities
- Job satisfaction
- Workplace atmosphere
Highest Paying Careers in the World in 2022:
- The obvious answer to the question is all of the above.
- Salary is the leading factor for a rewarding career as the earning of an individual will determine his/her lifestyle. Attractive remuneration will help to meet all the basic requirements of life, look after the family and also fulfill the desires. With the ever-increasing cost of living in today’s world, a handsome salary package undoubtedly is the solution to many problems.
- The organization’s reputation helps to maintain trustworthiness and credibility between employers, employees, and all the stakeholders.
- Scope of growth is to look out for while searching for a job and entails improvement in skills, employee engagement, and personal development.
- Job satisfaction is directly related to the inner well beings of the employees. It gains an upper hand over salary prospects in many cases. A gratifying career leads to reduced employee stress levels and increases the overall productivity of an organization.
- Last but not least significant is the work environment of an organization. A conducive workplace environment increases employee retention and acts as a motivating factor for overall well-being.
- The highest-paying jobs in the world offer an amalgamation of all the above factors. Therefore along with big bucks, it will be wise to keep all other criteria in mind while choosing a career path.
- If you are on the lookout for the 6 best-paying jobs in the world, read the article carefully before taking the plunge. Here we have discussed the most well-paid jobs, salary prospects, required educational qualifications, and necessary skills.
Top Highest Paying Jobs in the World:
Lawyer: (Average Salary: INR 10 Lakhs Per Annum)
Lawyers who go to top-notch law schools and work in reputed organizations earn a lot of money. The average salary of the lawyers is much higher than most of the professions and after considerable experience and an affluent client base, lawyers can demand an exorbitant sum for each hearing.
The main reason for a lawyer’s earning is that huge sum of money and time invested in getting the degree.
Salary of a Lawyer:
The average salary of Lawyers in the US is $1,26,000. The established average salary of a lawyer in India earns INR 10 Lakhs per annum while freshers earn around INR 4.9 Lakhs per annum.
Educational Qualification for a Lawyer:
- The minimum eligibility criteria to become a lawyer is that the candidate must complete Class 12 Board exams with 60% aggregate.
- For getting admission to the top law schools candidates must clear national level exams like CLAT, AILET, or LSAT.
- Candidates must complete the 5 year B.A LLB/B.Com LLB/B.Sc LLB exam. Those who have completed a Master’s Degree in Law or LLM are also eligible.
- To become specialized in a particular area of law like Corporate, tax, family, human rights, intellectual property or labor law candidates must acquire the Juris Doctor (JD) degree.
- The final step to becoming a lawyer is to qualify for the Bar Exam which is a 2-day test covering the different areas of law like criminal law, constitutional law, property law, etc. After qualifying for the Bar exam, candidates can become practicing lawyers.
Skills Required for a Lawyer:
- Verbal Communication skills
- Debating skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Analytical and Logical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Legal research skills
- Time management skills
- Leadership skills
- Decision-making skills
Job Responsibilities of a Lawyer:
- Provide legal advice to clients.
- Conduct research, gather evidence, and offer legal arbitration.
- Analyze the outcomes of the cases using legal knowledge.
- Represent and defend clients in courts.
- Prepare documents related to cases and determine the best course of action for the client.
Investment Banker: (Average Salary: INR 3 lakh to INR 70 Lakh Per Annum):
The main job of the investment banker is to help the clients make sound business decisions. Top companies hire investment bankers for their mergers and acquisition deals. Investment banking is a rising career choice in India due to the rise in the financial sector. Investment Banking is one of the highest paying jobs in the world at present.
With the increase in the number of banks, wealth management, venture capital sector, and the boom in multinational companies, investment bankers are in huge demand. Investment bankers also double up as senior equity analysts and compliance managers for different companies.
Investment banking is the perfect career option for individuals who are ambitious and willing to work for long hours.
Salary of an Investment Banker:
- The average salary of an Investment Banker in the US is $75000 to $95000 per year. Besides this bonus plays an important part in the salary and at senior levels, the bonus structure can be much higher than the base salary of an investment banker.
- The average salary of an Investment Banker in India is INR 10 Lakh per annum. The salary ranges from INR 3 lakh to INR 70 Lakh per annum. Highly experienced Investment bankers can command a salary of INR 85 Lakh per annum.
Educational Qualification of Investment Banker:
- Candidates must complete 10+2 from a recognized Institute in any stream (preferably Commerce).
- Qualify for the Bachelor’s Degree program from a recognized University.
- Appear for the GMAT/CAT/NMAT exam and complete Master in Business Administration from a reputed Institute. MBA in Financial Management is the most preferred option for Investment Bankers. An MS in Finance is also a preferred program.
- In India, the National Stock Exchange offers postgraduate courses in Investment banking, financial planning, business analytics, and financial accounting.
- Candidates can also complete a Doctorate in Corporate Finance or business research.
- The final step is an Investment banking internship that has a duration of 2 months to 2 years. The internship program enhances the negotiation abilities of the candidates and helps them to become permanent Investment bankers.
Skills Required for Investment Banker:
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership abilities
- International outlook
- Financial literacy
Job Responsibilities for Investment Banker:
- Help in mergers, acquisitions, and corporate restructuring of companies.
- Raise capital for businesses.
- Maintain regulatory compliance issues in the financial industry.
- Increase capital through trade equity and debt.
- Assist in Corporate restructuring.
- Analyzing stock pricing to help raise funds for the investors by investing in stocks.
- Create documents for initial public offerings.
Neurosurgeon: (Average Salary: INR 26 Lakhs to INR 30 Lakh Per Annum):
Neurosurgeons are one of the top paid Doctors in the world as they perform surgeries in sensitive areas like the brain and the spinal cord. Neurosurgeons work with advanced technical equipment and their work involves experience and concentration.
Neurosurgeons require long duration training and precision to excel in their fields and hence this is one of the highest paying jobs in the world. The job of a neurosurgeon has a high-stress level and includes a great deal of responsibility.
They also have odd working hours and have to attend to patients during emergency situations. A neurosurgeon deals with specialized areas like brain tumors, neurogenetics, neuroendocrine disorders, head trauma, and cerebrovascular accidents.
Salary of a Neurosurgeon:
- The average salary of a Neurosurgeon in India is $ 616,800. Besides this, the incentives and the bonuses of a neurosurgeon can amount to more than $35,000.
- In India, an entry-level Neurosurgeon earns a total of INR 24 Lakhs including bonus, overtime, and tips. An experienced Neurosurgeon with more than 10 years of experience can earn about INR 30 lakh per annum.
Educational Qualification of Neurosurgeon:
- Candidates who have passed the Class 12 Board exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as the main subjects must appear for the Medical Entrance exams for admission to the Medical Colleges.
- Qualifying the Medical course and completing the compulsory training involving interacting with patients under the supervision of experienced Neurologists.
- Getting a Postgraduate Degree in neurosurgery along with 5 years of superspecialization in Neurosurgery.
- The residency programs of Neurosurgeons last for 6 to 8 years. In India after completing the MS in Neurosurgery, surgeons can get jobs in reputed Government and Private hospitals in India.
- In the US, candidates have to qualify for the licensing and certification tests for practicing Neurosurgery.
Skills Required for Neurosurgeon:
- Critical thinking
- Medical diagnostics skills
- Surgical skills
- Technology savvy
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Decision-making skills
Job Description of Neurosurgeon:
- Performs surgeries on the brain and spinal cord
- Corrects deformities, removes tumors, and identifies medical conditions involving the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves
- Coordinating with surgeons and nurses in the Operation theater
- Diagnose problems, monitor patient progress, and perform microsurgeries
- Coordinate with neurologists and psychiatrists
- Keeping the families of patients updated
- Performing administrative tasks like writing prescriptions
Attending conferences and keeping up with the latest innovations in the field of Neurosurgery
CEO: (Average Salary: INR 60 Lakhs to INR 70 Lakhs Per Annum):
Chief Executive Officer or CEO is one of the highest paying jobs in the world. The CEO is in charge of the Corporate affairs of a company and holds the top rank. The job responsibilities of a CEO are enormous and candidates who are eligible to fit into this role are limited.
A CEO of a company controls operations makes corporate decisions and manages the resources of a company.
The main chunk of a CEO’s salary comes from performance-based pay or incentives. The CEO of a company is directly responsible for the growth of a company as they manage all the resources of the company and make crucial decisions.
Salary of a CEO (Chief Executive Officer):
- The average salary of a CEO in India is dependent on the industry that he/she is working for and the size of the company.
- A CEO of a small company will get an annual salary from INR 60 Lakhs - INR 70 Lakhs per annum while the CEO of reputed organizations will earn a salary of INR 1.5 Crore - 5 Crore per annum.
- The average salary of a CEO in the USA is $1,16,000 + incentives. The salary of a CEO is based on the educational qualification, additional skills, and Certifications obtained by the individual.
Educational Qualification of CEO (Chief Executive Officer):
- Candidates must obtain an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or any other related topic.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration/equivalent (MBA) is the next step.
- CEOs must obtain domain-specific Certifications in fields like Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst.
- To become a CEO a candidate must have a minimum experience of 5 years or more as an executive.
- A CEO must also participate in training and development programs of their organizations.
Skills Required for CEO (Chief Executive Officer):
- Easy communication skills
- Collaboration skills
- Decision-making skills
- Ethical skills
- Open-mindedness skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Reasoning skills
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving skills
Job Responsibilities of CEO:
- Development of the short-term and long-term strategies of the company
- Communicating with employees, management team, shareholders, and government bodies
- Analyze, train, and evaluate the work of the top officials of the company
- Form agendas to drive the profitability of the company
- Oversee business operations of the company and hire top-performing talents
- Build trustworthy relationships with employees, partners, and shareholders
- Maintain business ethics by adhering to guidelines and maintaining compliance
- Ensure long-term business success and implement future-friendly business goals for the organization
Aerospace Engineer: (Average Salary: INR 8 Lakhs to INR 30 Lakhs Per Annum):
Aerospace Engineering is one of the highest-paid jobs in the world and it involves the design, testing, and manufacturing of an aircraft, spacecraft, missiles. Aerospace Engineers also specialize in areas like communication, instrumentation, design, guidance, or production.
An Aerospace Engineer can also specialize in fields of Avionics, Aerodynamics, weather forecasting, and telecommunication.
The job of an aerospace Engineer is extremely fulfilling as there is job security, a good salary, and opportunities for growth. With a large number of technological advancements in the field of aeronautics, there is a huge demand for this personnel in both Government and Private sectors.
Salary of an Aerospace Engineer:
The average salary of an Aeronautical Engineer is INR 35,000 to INR 1 Lakh per month. Aeronautical Engineers who pass out from reputed organizations like IIT can get a salary of INR 30 lakhs per annum.
The salary of an Aerospace Engineer depends on the qualification, organization, and job location of the individual.
Countries like Germany, Australia, Canada, the USA, and the UK also give good salaries to Aerospace Engineers. The salaries of Aerospace Engineers in the US are $116,000 per annum while an Aerospace Engineer in Japan gets an average salary of 9 million yen per annum.
Educational Qualification for Aerospace Engineer:
- The minimum qualification of an Aerospace Engineer is passing the 10+2 exams from a recognized Institute with 60% aggregate and Physics, Chemistry, Maths as the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates can complete B.Tech/B.E in Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- It is important to get a Master’s Degree/Advanced Degree in Aerospace Engineering from a good Institution.
- Candidates must also qualify for exams for Aircraft maintenance programs.
- Candidates can also apply for apprenticeship programs or internships in top Aerospace agencies to improve their chances of employability.
Skills Required for Aerospace Engineer:
- Communication skills
- Technical expertise
- Analytical and reasoning skills
- Mathematical skills
- Speed and accuracy
- Knowledge of Aircraft structures
- Quality management skills
- Creative abilities
- Business skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Competitive attitude
Job Responsibilities of Aerospace Engineer:
- Supervise the installation of engines, instruments, and other equipment of an aircraft.
- Design, develop and find new ways to build aircraft propulsion systems.
- Analyze and test mathematical products and construct a mathematical model for the same.
- Use the latest technology to develop aircraft and supporting systems.
- Conduct regular safety inspections, inflight test programs, repair and servicing of the aircraft.
- Solve issues related to the design, testing, and development of an aircraft.
- Resolve complex mathematical problems and predict flight situations through statistical analysis.
- Investigate aircraft accidents, identify the source of the problem and formulate ways to prevent future crises.
- Combine technical information related to the aircraft and publish reports and prepare documentation to improve the performance of the aircraft.
Software Engineer: (Average Salary: INR 3.0 Lakhs to INR 15.9 Lakhs Per Annum):
Software Engineers earn high salaries as there is a large demand and low supply for skilled personnel. In the era of rapid digitalization, software Engineers are one of the highest paying jobs in the world and are required by top-notch service-oriented industries.
Highly skilled software Engineers can understand the problems of an industry and develop foolproof solutions.
Salary of a Software Engineer:
The average salary of a software Engineer is INR 3.0 Lakh per annum. Software Engineers with 5 to 9 years of experience can get about 15.9 Lakh per annum. The starting salary of a software Engineer abroad is $77,710 and those with a few years of experience are $128000 per annum.
Educational Qualification of Software Engineer:
- Candidates must complete their 10+2 exams with Physics, Chemistry, Maths as the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must complete their B.E/B.Tech in Computer Engineering or related fields.
- A Master’s Degree in Software Engineering provides an edge to the candidates over those with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience and Certification as a Software programmer are must-have criteria.
Skills Required for Software Engineer:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Computer coding and programming
- Technical skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Job Responsibilities of Software Engineer:
- Designing, testing, and monitoring the development of software
- Using mathematical and statistical skills to solve problems
- Analyze client requirements and develop innovative solutions
- Install new software and modify existing software
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and designers to develop software solutions
- Have knowledge and skills to utilize one or more programming languages
- Identify new coding metrics and develop risk analysis of software
I hope that now you have got an idea of the highest paying jobs in the world. So if you are keen on building a career in any of the above-mentioned areas, prepare yourself accordingly.
Do remember that hard work and perseverance play an important role in shaping the future of an individual. So give your best and achieve success in the desired field.