Event Management Courses After 12th: Event management is a multifaceted activity. It is the process of managing an event from the stage of planning, developing, organizing, and marketing events.
Major constituents of this profile include creativity, relationship management, meticulous planning, advertising and marketing, and much more, all rolled into one seamlessly choreographed process.
At its most basic, event management is the process of maneuvering business management and organizational skills to contemplate, plan and accomplish business and social events. People who specialize in this fieldwork with budgets, schedules, and vendors create the best possible events for their clients.
There are many companies that use event management firms to coordinate their most important meetings and other events. There are many kinds of events like Sports events, corporate events, conferences, concerts, family functions, exhibitions, fairs, etc.
Event Management Courses After 12th:
Event management is a burgeoning field that involves the planning of large-scale events such as trade shows, festivals, and product launches. Event handlers blend creative skills such as promotion and brand management with more practical ones like budgeting and scheduling.
Course in event management teaches students how to plan the aspects of events that provide to large crowds and gives them an idea of what challenges to expect.
One of the significant benefits of pursuing a course in event management is the versatility of the skills you will gain. Almost every company needs events organized from time to time, from major product launches and press conferences to business meetings with potential investors.
Learning how to organize events with an invaluable skill is what we pursue in event management courses after 12th or after graduation. There are a variety of Event management courses after the 12th available in India that can be acquired after completion of the 12th standard successfully.
These courses can be categorized as:
➜ Diploma in Event Management Courses After 12th:
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
- Advanced Diploma in Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management and Activation
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Media, and Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Event Management
➜ Master's in Event Management Courses:
- Master of Arts in Public Relations and Event Management
- Master of Business Administration in Event Management
- Master of Event Management
➜ Certificate in Event Management Courses After 12th:
- Certificate Courses in Event Management
Eligibility Criteria for Event Management Courses After 12th To pursue an Event management diploma course candidate must have cleared 10+2. If you want to pursue a Post-Graduate course in event management, then you need to have completed an under-graduation course from any stream.
It is important to have certain attributes such as marketing skills or HR skills. You should also be able to work as a team and maintain your cool under stressful situations. You should be able to network and maintain good public relations as well.
Essential skills which an event manager must hold include:
- Public Relations: To manage clients, their agents, and a vast range of professionals you would meet in the line of your profession
- Marketing skills: The ability to sell one's ideas to the clients so that the events become memorable.
- Creativity: From the concept to manage an occasion to its final delivery
- Organizational skills: Carefully plan tasks for the entire team and for oneself
- Networking skills: This industry blooms on the shoulders of personal networking and one must have the ability to utilize it and expand it.
- Analytical ability: You must have the flair to solve all sorts of problems and even have the foresight to anticipate an unforeseen issue.
- Management skills: Ability to manage subordinates, clients, budgeting, time, stress, risks, situations, and so on.
➜ Responsibilities of an Event Manager:
- Selecting and reserving venues
- Coordinating outside vendors
- Engaging speakers or entertainment
- Arranging for transportation and parking
- Obtaining necessary permits and appropriate insurance
- Compliance with health and safety standards
- Developing emergency contingency plans
- Crisis and situation management at the event
- Designing a security plan
- Monitoring of the event
This list is by no means complete. The job responsibilities may vary, depending on the scope of the event and the other hired professionals.
➜ List of Specializations of Event Management Courses:
- Event planning
- Visualizing concepts
- Event budgeting
- Event marketing
- Event Organising
- Event coordinating
- Event executing
- Event security
➜ Top Colleges for Event Management Courses After 12th:
- Prestige Institute of Management and Research, [PIMR] Indore
- The University of Mumbai, [UM] Mumbai
- Pacific University, [PU] Udaipur
- RIMT University, Gobindgarh
- College of Events & Media, [CEM] Pune
- Khalsa College, Amritsar
- The IIS University, [IISUNIV] Jaipur
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- Devki Devi Jain Memorial College for Women, Ludhiana
- National Academy of Event Management and Development, Delhi
➜ Job Prospects of Event Management:
- Despite the economic situation in the country, event management has grown up by leaps and bounds. There is a lot of job diversification in the event management industry.
- In a country like India events such as birthday parties, weddings, talent hunts,s and reality shows, fashion and cultural shows, academic and sports meet, religious functions, corporate events, conferences, and so on happen in excess.
- There are a lot of opportunities for youngsters who want to quit their regular jobs and pursue a career in this industry.
- One can begin their career by joining a company that specializes or indulges in conducting and planning events for various purposes.
- After gaining experience and learning different aspects one can run his/her own company successfully.
- One can also go for freelancing as it is a profitable option.
➜ Job Types of Event Management Courses:
- Event Management faculty
- Public Relations Account Executive
- Master of the Ceremony
- Creative Designer
- Marketing and business developmental professional
- Lead Technical Developer
- Program Manager/ Program Co-Ordinator
- Public Relation Executive
➜ Some Employment Areas:
- Public Relation Firms
- Advertising Agencies
- Event Management Consultancy
- Political Parties
- Non-Profit organizations
- Hotel, Travel, and Hospitality Industries
- Newspaper Houses
- Software Companies
- Fashion Industry
- Films and Serial Production Houses
➜ Event Management - Salary:
- The salary paid in this industry is based on your role and responsibility.
- The pay scale is also dependent on other factors such as the organization that you’re hired at, the type of clients you and your organization are working for, your experience, and it is also dependent on the geographical location of your organization.
- As an entry-level employee in this industry, you can expect a paycheque in the range of Rs.10,000 – Rs.15,000 per month.
- The remuneration will increase along with experience and the area of expertise.
- One can earn money working in the capacity of an expert freelancer or the owner of own management company.
Designations After Event Management Course:
- Event Planner
- Event Manager
- Wedding Planner
- Set Designer
- Celebrity Manager
- Resources Purchase
- Logistics Manager
- Event Faculty
- Resources Purchase Manager
- Advertising & Marketing Executive