What Should I Do to Prepare for BCA Placements?
For BCA (Bachelor in Computer Application) placement, I have to follow some of the following strategies and tips to get placed in the reputed industry:
There is no campus at our university so I have to do it on our own end:
- First I create my crisp resume with my details and skillset and details
- I have uploaded my resume on the most popular job portals like Naukari.com, Monster.com, etc.
- Prepared as per my core subject
- Visited so many websites to find a frequently asked question that is being asked in the BCA placement interview
- Prepared the aptitude section which is necessary to appear in the off-campus
- Sometimes time recruiter arranges the group discussion part which is used to estimate the candidates' engagement in the global discussion. This group discussion is also conducted to get to know and remove the hesitation factor from the candidate. So I try to participate in the group discussion to give away the hesitation factor
Note: There is some general question asked by the interviewer in the interview:
- Why should I hire you?
- What is your strength?
- What is your weakness?
- What is your hobby?
Note: One has to prepare the answer to these questions. I am preparing an answer to these kinds of questions as per my choice.
How does a BCA Student begin Preparing for Placements?
There is the following strategy that needs to follow by any BCA students to get placed in the reputed industry:
- Candidate resumes should be precise and short because the interviewer views the hundredth resumes every day. He has not had enough time to view your resume from start to end. So always try to specify your qualifications and experience in a short and effective manner.
- If something is important in your resume and you want to showcase those skills or experience, then write those things in bold letters or italic letters.
- Start communicating with the seniors to get the interview feedback and what types of questions they faced in their time.
- Solved aptitude series as much as the BCA students can
- BCA students should be focused on their communication skills which are more important to put an impression on the recruiter.
- BCA students try to be part of technical discussions held at the college which is necessary to clear your technical concept etc.
- If Grammer is weak, BCA students have to work on improving their English grammar skills.
Note: BCA students should research the questions which are frequently asked in the interview session.
How to Get a Job after the BCA Course?
Ans: BCA is an undergraduate course that is enough to get a job in a reputed organization. But most people recommend going for further study after doing BCA course. But it does not mean that you cannot do a job after the BCA course. You can try to get a job in the Government sector also after doing the BCA course which is a little bit tough but in the meanwhile, you can try to get a job in the private sector also.
Note: For getting a job in the private sector after the BCA course, you have to keep the focus on the following points which are:
- First, you need to evaluate first yourself to know that are you OK to work in the private sector
- Then you have to deeply analyze both your technical skills and soft skills both. If you are not that good the technical skills, first you need to clear your technical concepts which will be applied in real-time application in the industry
- Some extra skills are necessary to show differently from others. So try to grab those extra skills in your attitude and personality.
- Soft skills should be up to the mark, so if the soft skill is not good, first try to improve your soft skills which are much necessary before facing any technical interview in the software industry.
How do I Prepare for a BCA Placement Interview?
There are some following points that you should follow during the preparation for the BCA placement interview
- You should be able to handle the stress level during the interview session
- Research on the industry and interviews in the prior model will leave a good impression on the interview. This also shows that you are a keen researcher and you have an interest in the company
- You should be in a proper dress like a formal dress and your body language should be good
- Prepare a crisp resume with the details in which you are an expert. Do not include false information in your resume which does not leave a good impact on the recruiter.
- The interview will try to judge you on the following factors which are:
- Are you fit in the company culture and environment
- How you are deep in technical knowledge means how you are able to apply your knowledge in the real-time situation
- How you are able to interact with other people.
Note: You have to prepare yourself by keeping the above factors in your mind
How do you Crack a BCA Placement:
There are the following strategies that should be adopted to crack the BCA placement interview
- First, you are required to set your goal. You should be very clear about your goal. If you are going to appear in the BCA placement interview, which means you should have to prepare yourself technical as well as soft skill-wise.
- You have to represent yourself in front of an interviewer indecent manner
- Do not try to show yourself smart, it might be a negative point for you.
- Reply answer only for those question which is being raised by the interviewer
- All of your replies should not be based on you, you have to reply to all the answers on the basis of company favor.
- All the replies should not be diplomatic.
Note: If you do not know the answer to any question. Tell them in a respective manner. Do not try to make them fool which shows a bad impression on the recruiter
What are the Skills Required to get a BCA Placement on Campus?
There are numerous skills required to get a BCA placement on campus which are discussed below.
- Your communication skill should be excellent
- You should have problem skills that are necessary for the BCA placement
- A commitment to stability is the main factor and skill required to get placed in the BCA placement
- Team player ability skill pushes to get selected in the BCA placement.
- Leadership skill is also essential to getting a BCA placement on the campus
- One of the indirect factors which are honesty is required to get a BCA placement on campus.
- Candidates are required to learn new tools and technology as per the time. Suppose any project comes out in the company and advanced technology is required to develop that product, so technology adaption ability is required to get BCA placement
What are the Questions Asked in BCA Placements?
There are numerous type of question being asked in the BCA Placement which is given below
- Why should I hire you?
- What are your strengths and weakness?
- What is the difference between confidence and overconfidence?
- Why do you want to work in our company
- Which skillset makes you unique from the others
- What is the difference between hard work and smart work
Note: Some questions are being asked from the technical part also.
How Should I Dress for a BCA Placement Interview?
You should be in formal dress for a BCA placement interview.
For Male Candidates: Formal pants and shirt with black shoes and formal belt. The candidate’s clothes should be well pressed and should be neat and clean. Do not wear Jeans and a funky type of trousers for the BCA placement interview.
For Female Candidates: Formal suit, office skirts with a shirt with the shoe. All the clothes should be neat and cleaned. Do not wear Jeans for the BCA placement interview.
Note: This is the detailed document on How to Prepare for BCA Placements?