College Disha
How to change branch in an Engineering College?

Update on 23 May, 23

How to change branch in an Engineering College?

How to change branch in an Engineering College

Choice of branch change or transfer is usually there in every institution: Right after First Year of your Engineering course, there is a vast confusion regarding the choice of engineering colleges. You have completed the course with which you can change your engineering branch in the same college and there is a cut-off criterion of percentage which you score. And it also depends upon the number of seats available in that requested branch of your college. So try studying hard in the First Year and may apply for the scheme later on. Also, you can ask about regarding the same with your college authority regarding the procedure.

The candidate seeking for a change in course or shift and looking for an Engineering college. After successfully completing the first Year of studies will be allowed to do so in the same institution subject to the accessibility of seats and changes will be carried out based on the marks of First Year or First and Second Semester together. The Principal shall be responsible for discovering the eligibility of the candidates as laid down by the MSBTE for the course to which the Candidate is being transferred. The list, of these sort of changes, shall be communicated to the office of the Admissions Regulating Authority. Transfer of Candidates (Course or Institution) after one Year shall be made in the following manner:

Transfer of Candidates (Course or Institution) after one Year shall be made in the following manner:

  • The Candidate who has once admitted in the First Year of an engineering college. She/he shall not be eligible to get the transfer in any other institution during the same academic year.
  • The Candidate passing the First Year or both the first and second semester examinations in full or failed in one of the heads of passing are considered as eligible for transfer of institution or a course.
  • From Unaided Institutions to Government as well as to Government Aided Institutions. At any stage, there shall be no transfer. However, the Candidate from Government or Government Aided Institutions may seek transfer to Unaided Educational Institutions.
  • There would be no transfer of students at any stage to Autonomous Institutions in an engineering college among many engineering colleges.
  • In case of transfer to Unaided Institutions.- The Principles of Unaided Institutions shall consider the Candidates from other institutions for transfer with prior approval from the Admissions Regulating Authority on submission of a No Objection Certificate(NOC) from the institution, Eligibility Certificate from MSBTE and Vacancy position. Eligibility of Candidates shall be ascertained by the principal or director as laid down by the MSBTE for the course at which the Candidate is being transferred.
  • Transfer in Government or Government aided Institutions: Eligible Candidates in process of aspiring for a transfer from Government or Government Aided Institutions to the other Government or Government Aided Institutions, can apply in writing to the Principal in which he/she studied in the first year or second semester. Principal or Director shall forward the consolidated branch wise merit list of eligible candidates providing details like Name, Course, percentage of Marks, Name of Courses and Institutions in order of priorities to which candidates desire to have transferred, reasons for transfer and Remark, along with course wise vacancy position in as to reach him as per the schedule given by him. Including all the Principals of Government or Government, Aided Institutions shall submit the vacancy position of all the courses to the Directorate of Technical Education Mumbai before the date.
  • No Application without the recommendation of the Principal of Institution shall be entertained or accepted at any cost by the Admission Regulating Authority in any college among engineering colleges.
  • If the result of the MSBTE or Institution is not declared before the process of transfer, in that case, candidates of that Board or Institution will lose claim on transfer.
  • The candidates admitted under supernumerary quota seats are not eligible for Change of course or institution like anyhow.

Need help?

Copyright All rights reserved