Animation Courses After 12th:
It is not imperative to follow the traditional Indian courses and become a doctor, engineer, lawyer, or bureaucrat. Some who are the gifts of god and have sharp and creative minds want to do something imaginative and have the ability to design up various unique things. As mature individual, daily we take various significant decisions in our life which directly affects our lives. Out of those, choosing the right career option is one of the most important decisions for the aspirants after finishing their 12th. There are a number of career choices available for The scholars to choose and they can go with their likes and preferences. Among so many courses the one course which is best for the candidates is Animation Courses After 12th.
‘’The animation is not the art of drawings that move but it is the art of movement that are drawn’’. Animation is a medium through which simple images are transformed or manipulated into moving images. By the traditional method of animation, images/objects are usually sketched or painted by hand on celluloid sheets that are transparent, so that they could be photographed and executed on the film. However, most of the animations done today are made by utilizing computer-generated imagery (CGI).
To thrive in this field, one must possess a set of skills and qualities which includes:
- Good observational skills
- Drawing/sketching skills
- Patience and Concentration
- Ability to get into character
- Communication skills (to interact with the team)
- Eye for detail
- Computer and Software skills
- Teamwork skills
Scope of Animation Courses after 12th:
- The scope in animation and multimedia as a full-time career is that it doesn't have a planned schedule and one can really enjoy his work without having a feeling of liability.
- There has been rapid growth in the entertainment industry, hence, even animation has seen growth, and now it is a multi-billion industry.
- Famous production studios like Sony Pictures and Walt Disney are choosing the option of outsourcing for the development of animation content and Indian animation studios are widely benefitting from it.
- The job for animators and related professionals like graphic designers, game developers, keyframe animators, layout artists, multimedia developers, character designers, and 3D- Modelers exists in the sectors listed below:
- Film and Television
- Video Gaming
- Online and Print News Media
- Cartoon production
Admission Process of Animation Courses After 12th:
The admission procedure in Animation courses is extremely simple. Animation colleges in India offer a diversity of courses at various levels – certificates, bachelor's, master's, and diplomas degrees.
- First, aspirants have to complete their class 12th so that they can be eligible for admission. The basic procedure for admission remains the same although it may vary from institute to institute.
- After 12th if you are fascinated in studying animation course then firstly shortlist the college. Some institutes conduct entrance tests in order to check the learner skills for the specific course.
- Some colleges also want aspirants to present their creative portfolio as a part of the application course. A portfolio is basically a collection of art that arrays someone’s creativity.
- Certain colleges take aptitude tests that are completely based on the creativity of the candidates. A few of the creative aptitude tests for animation are given below.
- Character Design
- General Knowledge
- Drawing Life Situation
- Storytelling through Sketching
- Information Technology
- Skill of Visualization
- English non-verbal and Verbal Reasoning
- Creative Thinking
List of Animation Courses After 12th in India:
Animation Certificate Courses:
Certificate courses are duly designed for those aspirants who don’t have much time to study but want to gain specific knowledge about animation so that they can work in this respective field. Certificate courses are not as brief as Bachelor or Diploma courses but still, several companies hire students who have just done a certificate course.
- Certificate in Digital Photography
- Certificate in 2d and 3d Animation
- Certificate in Game Design
- Certificate in Mobile Gaming
- Certificate in Graphic Designing and Digital Art
- Certificate in Advanced Web Designing & Animation
- Certificate in Visual Effects
- Certificate in Graphics and 3D Animation
- Certificate Graphics and 2D Animation
- Certificate Program in 3D Design
- Certificate in 3D Animation
- Certificate in 2D Animation
- Certificate in Advanced Rigging and Animation
- Certificate in Digital Art & VFX
- Certificate in Advanced Gaming
- Certificate Course in Game Development
Eligibility for Animation Certificate Courses:
- Aspirants who have completed their 10th are also eligible for certificate courses.
- The duration of this course ranges from 3-6 months depending on the norms of the institutes.
Bachelor Degree Courses:
The duration of bachelor animation courses is the same as other graduation courses i.e. of 3 years.
- B.Sc Animation
- B.Sc. – Animation and Multimedia
- B.Sc. in Multimedia Course
- BFA in Animation
- B.Des. in Visual Communication
- Diploma in Visual Effect &3D Animation
- B.Design in Multimedia
- BFA. – Animation and VFX
- B.Sc in Animation and Gaming
- B. Sc. in Graphics, Animation, and Gaming
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Game Development
- BFA in Digital Art and Animation
- B.Design in Graphics
- BFA – Digital Film Making and VFX
- Degree in Visual Effects & Animation for television and films
- Bachelor in Media, Animation & Design
- BA (Hons) 3D Design
- B.Sc. Game Designing & Development
- B.Sc. in Game Design
- BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation
- B.F.A. in Game Art and Design
- B.Sc (Hons) Game Programming
- B.A. (Hons.) in Communication Design
- B.Sc. Media Graphics and Animation Degree
- B.Sc Gaming & Mobile Application Development
- B.Sc in Animation and Film Making
- B.S.c Animation & VFX
- B.A. (Hons.) in Communication Design (Visual Effects)
- B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Graphics
Eligibility for Animation Degree:
- Scholars should clear 10+2 in any stream –science, commerce, or Arts from the recognized educational board.
- Applicants have to gain a minimum of 50% of marks for admission in bachelor courses. You can also check out the Multimedia (Animation) Course After 12th
Post Graduation Courses:
If aspirants are willing to become a postgraduate after completing graduation then they may go for an advanced course as per their selected field in Graduation. P.G courses are usually 2 years long.
- M.sc in Animation and Multimedia
- M.Sc Animation
- Advance Diploma in Visual Effects: 3D Computer Graphics
- M. Sc. in Multimedia
- PGD – Graphic Designing
- M.A. Animation and Multimedia
- M.A. – Graphic Design
- M.Sc – Creative Design and CAD/CAM
- M.Sc. Animation and Design
- M. Sc. in Graphics, Animation, and Gaming
- M.Sc in Animation and Game
- M.Sc in Animation and VFX
- M.Sc. in Game Technology
- M.Sc in Multimedia Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Game Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Animation
- P.G Diploma in Game Art and Design
- P.G Diploma in Game Development
- PG Diploma in Multimedia Technology
- PG Diploma in 3D Animation and Visual Effects
- PG Diploma In Web Designing
- Ph.D. – Animation and Multimedia
- The duration of these courses is 1 Year which is opted after the master's course.
- Firstly, a graduate degree or certificate is important to join any master course.
- The marks which are required depending upon the college which differs from college to college.
- Minimum 50% marks are required.
- Diploma in 2D Animation
- Diploma in 3D Animation
- Diploma in Digital Animation
- Diploma in CG Animation
- Diploma in Animation and Filmmaking
- Diploma in VFX
- Diploma in Animation and VFX
Animation Diploma Courses Eligibility:
- For seeking admission in a Diploma course aspirants must possess a master's degree with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks.
- Short-term Animation courses in India:
- Apart from these courses, there is numerous short-term course that comes under the field of animation.
The Advanced Diploma Course is one of the best of all animation courses. If applicants are good at sketching and want to express their own creativity through their work, then the Animation master course can be your worthy choice.
- Candidates must possess knowledge of Mac and Windows with basic computer navigation.
- Animation Master Plus Course is specifically designed for undergraduate and graduate candidates with a keen interest for extreme level creativity.
Visual Effects Master Course:
Visual Effects Master course is a course designed in such a way that it acts as a fusion between the artistic aspect as well as the technical aspect of integrating computer creating imagery with live-action footage in VFX. This course mainly focuses on developing artistic and technical skills in visual effects (VFX).
- If you have completed your 10+2, then you are eligible to apply for this course
- One must have at least a basic knowledge of computers and the internet.
- Candidates should have a flair for designing and artistic activities which are highly required for opting for this course.
2D Animation Courses:
2D Animation Courses After 12th will help learners to develop and polish their skills in pre-production techniques. In 2D animation, scholars will be learned to improve their techniques by using mediums like clay, pencil, camera, and paper. Learners are solely responsible for manipulating and controlling the volume, weight, movement, action, and proportion of the subject given to them.
- There is no particular educational qualification that is necessary for this course, but having good drawing skills will be advantageous for the student.
3D Animation Courses:
In the duration of 6 months, through Autodesk Maya Master Animation Courses After 12th applicants can learn about the fundamentals of animation and 3D design.
- One needs to be proficient with the operating systems and have some knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- It is essential to have knowledge of the hardware and software of a computer.
Cinema 4D Master:
Maxon Cinema 4D application- Animation Courses After 12th is an application where one can unleash their creativity and understand the world of 3D designing without any limits. Cinema 4D (C4D) software is designed in such a way that it fulfills all the requirements for creating high-end 3D designs.
- Cinema 4D Master is an advanced level Animation Course After 12th and to learn it better one has to have the basic knowledge of the fundamentals of graphic designing.
- The scholar is expected to have knowledge in a few of the graphic designing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe after effects, Adobe Animate, or knowledge of any other video editing or motion graphic software.
Adobe After Effects Master Course (2 Months)
This course provides students with a better understanding of the 2D and 3D tools used for VFX effects. This course is preferred by editing professionals, motion graphics & visual effects artists, and also for graphics & web designers.
- The learner needs to have the primary knowledge of the Mac, Windows operating system, photoshop/ illustrator.
Animation Institutes in India
Name of the College
Picasso Animation College, Bangalore
BSc in Animation & VFX(3 years)
M.Sc in Multimedia ( 2 years )
Arena Multimedia, Mumbai
Arena Animation International Program (AAIP): The course duration is approximately 33 months.
Animation filmmaking (DAE)(23 months)
Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC), Mumbai
AD3D EDGE Advanced program in 3D animation (24 months)
D3D – Professional Program in 3D Animation(18 months)
DAFM – Program in Animation Filmmaking (12 months)
Design VizPro – Program in Architectural Design
Zee Institute Of Creative Arts (ZICA), Delhi
B.Sc in Animation and Visual Effects (3 years)
B.Sc in Animation and Filmmaking (3 years)
B.Sc in Visual effects Filmmaking (3 years)
Global School Of Animation and Games, Delhi
BSc in Animation (3 years)
Webel DQE Animation Academy, Kolkata
2D Diploma in Animation filmmaking (12 months)
Specialist program 2D digital animation (6 months)
3D Diploma in Animation filmmaking (12 months)
Whistling Woods International Institute, Mumbai
Diploma in Visual effects – VFX (2 years)
BSc in Digital Filmmaking (3 years)
Toonz Academy, Kerala
3D Finishing Program (6 Months)
Certificate Course in Digital 2D Animation (3 Months)
Frameboxx Animation & Visual Effects, Pune
Red Boxx 1- Career Specialization Diploma in 3D Animation (20 months)
Red Boxx 2- Diploma in Animation 1 Year)
Green Boxx 1- Certificate Course in Animation (8 months)
Asian Academy of Film and Television (AAFT), Noida
B.Sc. (Multimedia) + Diploma in Multimedia
M.Sc. (Animation) + PG Diploma in 3D Animation (2 Years)
Career and Job Prospects in Animation:
From the last one-decade animation field has gained much attention and has since developed rapidly. It has emerged to become a very popular career choice among Indian scholars. Earlier, this field was pretty much unspecified to the masses but now the demand for skilled, creative, and qualified professionals is pretty high in India every year. Film production houses and studios companies know how big the field is. They have the money to burn too! All they need is qualified professionals and skilled animators, who can bring their work to life and help them earn their share of the profit!
After completing the Animation Courses After 12th aspirants can start their own company or start working as a freelancer. Earlier stop motion tricks have been used to make animation, but nowadays techniques like 2D handwriting, 2D computer-generated, 3D computer-generated are used to create animation.
Creating a piece of animation is not just about drawing, sketching, and bringing the characters to life by using various software. Actually, there are numerous stages and processes which are involved in this activity. This is the main reason why film production houses and animation companies have a large dedicated staff of animators. Based on the stages involved in the animation process, one may take any of the following job profiles-
Job Profiles of Animation Courses After 12th:
- Production Designer
- Storyboard Artist
- Layout Artist
- Digital Painter
- Animation Studios
- Media Agencies
- Film Production Houses
- Post Production Houses
- Advertising Agencies
- Web Entities (E-Commerce sites, E-Magazines, Websites, etc.)
- Computer and Mobile Game Developers
Top Animation Placement Companies in India:
- Maya Entertainment Ltd
- UTV Toonz
- Pentamedia Graphics
- Walt Disney
- Heart Entertainment Limited
- Silverton Studio
- Jadooworks Pvt Ltd
- Crest Animation Studios Ltd
- Padmalaya Telefilms
You can also read about MULTIMEDIA (ANIMATION) COURSE AFTER 12TH
Honorarium Package in Animation Courses After 12th:
- The animation career is one of the best options according to the present trends.
- Though it depends on various factors like the profile of the employer, employee skills, aptitude, and grades that decide how much salary aspirants will earn.
- Talking about animation job salary, one can earn Rs. 10 to 20K per month as a junior animator that can go up to Rs. 50 to 60K per month after gaining experience and skills in this field.
- If applicants are planning on setting up their own animation studio then they can go further with this process.