Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) has latterly issued the NIRF 2019 Ranking list. Candidates who aspire to enroll admissions in the top management institutes of the country can review the list of the best management courses as per the NIRF 2019 ranking @ www.nirfindia.org.
In association with MHRD, NIRF has released the list of topmost management institutes for the 2019 session. All these management colleges/institutes have been positioned on the basis of some specific parameters. The Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore has acquired the foremost rank in the Management segment, this year whereas IIM, Ahmedabad, and IIM Calcutta secured the 2nd and 3rd rank respectively. Ram Nath Kovind, (the President of India) bestowed the prestigious awards to all the positioned institutes of the country on this propitious ceremony.
On Monday, IIM Bangalore (IIM-B) has achieved the highest spot in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Rankings 2019 under the Management class. On this auspicious moment, Director G Raghuram stated that “This is due to the efforts of the IIM-B faculty and staff- both current and former, past Leadership, the Board, Students and Alumni, and the supporting eco-system.” He continued the prestige of this success to the IIM-B faculty members and staff while joining an extra piece of information that “the hierarchy is based on five measures, i.e. graduation results, research, and professional training, outreach and inclusivity, pedagogy, education and resources, and perception.
Have a look on the list of top Management Institutes as per the NIRF-MHRD Rankings 2019:
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Xavier Labour Relations Institute
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Management Development Institute
Indian Institute of Management Udaipur
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
S. P. Jain Institute of Management & Research
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Indian Institute of Management Raipur
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
To reward the awards, the framework sketches out the methods to rank out institutions all over the country. This method came out from the overall endorsement extensive comprehension hit by the core committee established up by the MHRD, to recognize the parameters for classifying several colleges and universities.
There are more than 20 MBA colleges with many more that have been added to the list of NIRF rankings. Each institute gets an estimated score on the basis of which the marks are ascertained. This year, MHRD has released 75 MBA institutes to the NIRF ranking list and here we have mentioned the details of different parameters mentioned below:
Framework and Measures of NIRF Ranking 2019
The structure and standards of the ranking determined by the ministry of human resource and development are as follows:
- Pedagogy, Education, and Resources: The first parameter and standards are directed on highlighting the key activities which are driven by the institutes like library amenities at the college, teaching and innovation, sports and extra-curricular activities, faculty experience, etc. The ranking weightage assigned to this parameter is 0.30.
- Analysis, Professional Practice, and Collaborative Performance: One another absolute and essential measure for bestowing ranking to the colleges such as Research, Professional Practice, and Collaborative Performance. According to the parameter, the colleges are listed on the basis of the advertisements issued by them, quotation for the papers, collaborative editions they acquire like Executive Education and Professional Practice (FEPP). The ranking weightage allocated to this parameter is 0.20.
- Graduation Result: According to this parameter, a college/institution is evaluated on the basis of Placement, Higher Studies, and Entrepreneurship (PHE), Mean Salary for Employment (MS) prolonged by them. Here, the Ranking Weightage allotted is 0.25.
- Scope: This fourth aspect of NIRF highlights on the presentation of women and socially challenged individuals under the student and/or faculty populations. The ranking weightage assigned to this parameter is 0.15.
- Acumen: The last measure of the NIRF is marked by the knowledge of the institution through its stakeholders. The Ranking Weightage given to this parameter is 0.10. Here, the perception of this aspect has a vital impact on the NIRF 2019 ranking.
Certain parameters discover the ranking of every institute that executes it to the list of NIRF rankings. The awards are also allotted to other categories like Engineering, Medical, Architecture, Law, and Pharmacy. The NIRF rankings were initiated from the year 2016 which serves as the Annual Score Card of the Institution to the candidates who aspire to enroll admission in those prestigious institutes.