All Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliated schools has instructed to inspect Vigilance Awareness Week which will be-be from October 29 to November 3, 2018. To help students learn the ill effects of corruption the CBSE board has issued a circular, requesting all its affiliated students to organise the event with the theme, ‘Eradicate Corruption-Build a New India'.
The board has also planned numerous activities to be organised for the same. The circular issued by the CBSE says that these activities should be maintained for a longer time so that ethical values are imbibed by the younger generation.
The emphasis of the schools will be on ‘Ethics and Integrity during examination’ among all the students who will appear for board examination in the year 2019.
Following are the activities which schools may organise during the ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’:
- The school will display banners, hoardings, posters etc.
- The ‘Integrity Pledge’ will be taken by students and staff members on 29 October 2018.
- Imparting the lesson of the ill effects of corruption and creating sensibility to spread awareness about the same.
- Lectures, debates, quiz, elocution, essay writing competition, panel discussions, slogan writing competition, cartoon making/poster making competition will be organised on moral values, ethics, good governance practices, etc. The school will make sure that all the themes are covered and all participants are energetically participating.
- Seminar/Workshop will also be organised in the school on the theme ‘Eradicate Corruption-Build a New India.’
- Students and staff will also be encouraged to take e-pledge by visiting the website www.cvc.nic.in which is an online portal of Vigilance Commission.
- Schools will also organise community outreach activities which will help students learn the importance of spreading awareness. While conducting these activities school will make sure that the safety of the students is their prime concern.
- Integrity Club will be established in the school to ensure that these activities are regularly organised during the Vigilance Awareness Week. Also, to keep a check that these moral values are deep-rooted in the mind of students.
- School Principal/Vice Principal may give Interactive Session/lectures to students who will appear for boards in 2019 i.e. class X and XII on ethics and integrity during examinations.