List of Event Management Courses after 12th
Event management is a multifaceted activity. It is the process of managing an event from the stage of planning, developing, organizing and marketing events. Major constituents of this profile include creativity, relationship management, meticulous planning, advertising and marketing and much more, all rolled into one seamlessly choreographed process.
At its most basic, event management is the process of manoeuvring business management and organizational skills to contemplate, plan and accomplish business and social events. People who specialize in this field work with budgets, schedules, and vendors to create the best possible events for their clients. There are many companies who use event management firms to coordinate their most important meetings and other events. There are many kinds of events like Sports events, corporate events, conferences, concerts, family functions, exhibitions, fairs etc.
Event management is a burgeoning field which involves the planning of large-scale events such as trade shows, festivals and product launches. Event handlers blend creative skills such as promotion and brand management with more practical ones like budgeting and scheduling. Course in event management teaches students how to plan the aspects of events that provide to large crowds and gives them an idea of what challenges to expect.
One of the significant benefits of pursuing a course in event management is the versatility of the skills you will gain. Almost every company needs events organized from time to time, from major product launches and press conferences to business meetings with potential investors. Learning how to organize events with an invaluable skill is what we pursue in event management courses. There are a variety of event management courses available in India that can be acquired after completion of 12th standard successfully. These courses can be categorized as:
- Master of Arts in Public Relations and Event Management
- Master of Business Administration in Event Management
- Master of Event Management
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
- Advanced Diploma in Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management and Activation
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Media, and Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Event Management
- Certificate Courses in Event Management
To pursue Event management diploma course candidate must have cleared 10+ 2.If you want to pursue a Post-Graduate course in event management, then you need to have completed an under-graduation course from any stream. It is important to have certain attributes such as marketing skills or HR skills. You should also be able to work as a team and maintain your cool under stressful situations. You should be able to network and maintain good public relation as well.
- Essential skills which an event manager must hold include:
- Public Relations: to manage clients, their agents and a vast range of professionals you would meet in the line of your profession
- Marketing skills: the ability to sell one's ideas to the clients so that the events become memorable.
- Creativity: from the concept to manage an occasion to its final delivery
- Organisational skills: carefully plan tasks for the entire team and for oneself
- Networking skills: this industry blooms on the shoulders of personal networking and one must have the ability to utilise it and expand it.
- Analytical ability: you must have the flair to solve all sorts of problems and even have the foresight to anticipate an unforeseen issue.
- Management skills: ability to manage subordinates, clients, budgeting, time, stress, risks, situations and so on.
Responsibilities of an Event Manager:
- Selecting and reserving venues
- Coordinating outside vendors
- Engaging speakers or entertainment
- Arranging for transportation and parking
- Obtaining necessary permits and appropriate insurance
- Compliance with health and safety standards
- Developing emergency contingency plans
- Crisis and situation management at the event
- Designing a security plan
- Monitoring of the event
This list is by no means complete. The job responsibilities may vary, depending on the scope of the event and the other hired professionals.
Specializations of event management courses are:
- Event planning
- Visualizing concepts
- Event budgeting
- Event marketing
- Event Organising
- Event coordinating
- Event executing
- Event security
Top colleges for event management courses:
- Prestige Institute of Management and Research, [PIMR] Indore
- The University of Mumbai, [UM] Mumbai
- Pacific University, [PU] Udaipur
- RIMT University, Gobindgarh
- College of Events & Media, [CEM] Pune
- Khalsa College, Amritsar
- The IIS University, [IISUNIV] Jaipur
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- Devki Devi Jain Memorial College for Women, Ludhiana
- National Academy of Event Management and Development, Delhi
Job Prospects of Event Mangement
- Despite the economic situation in the country, the event management has grown up by leaps and bounds. There is a lot of job diversification in the event management industry.
- In a country like India events such birthday parties, weddings, talent hunt and reality shows, fashion and cultural shows, academic and sports meet, religious functions, corporate events, conferences and so on happen in excess.
- There are a lot of opportunities for youngsters who want to quit their regular jobs and pursue a career in this industry.
- One can begin their career by joining a company that specializes or indulges in conducting and planning events for various purposes.
- After gaining experience and learning different aspect one can run his/her own company successfully.
- One can also go for freelancing as it a profitable option.
- Event Management faculty
- Public Relations Account Executive
- Master of the Ceremony
- Creative Designer
- Marketing and business developmental professional
- Lead Technical Developer
- Program Manager/ Program Co-Ordinator
- Public Relation Executive
Some Employment Areas-
- Public Relation Firms
- Advertising Agencies
- Event Management Consultancy
- Political Parties
- Non-Profit organizations
- Hotel, Travel, and Hospitality Industries
- Newspaper Houses
- Software Companies
- Fashion Industry
- Films and Serial Production Houses
Event Management - Salary
- The salary paid in this industry is based upon your role and responsibility.
- The pay-scale is also dependent on other factors such as the organization that you’re hired at, the type of clients you and your organization is working for, your experience, and it is also dependent on the geographical location of your organization.
- As an entry-level employee in this industry, you can expect a paycheque in the range of Rs.10,000 – Rs.15,000 per month.
- The remuneration will increase along with experience and the area of expertise.
- One can earn money working in the capacity of an expert freelancer or the owner of own management company.