Are you on your way to get the college of your dreams? CUET is definitely for you. CUET stands for Common University Entrance Exam. Which is a computer based test and is conducted to grant admission to the students.who are looking for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs of the participating central universities.
If you go for the CUET programs then it offers you a platforms as well as equal opportunities specially for the rural and other remote areas. And helps you to maintain connections with the universities. Only through this program you will be able to cover a wide outreach of central universities and the admission process of various central universities would be easy.
What is CUET?
CUET stands for the common university entrance exam which is conducted online only. And the purpose of this exam is to provide the best central colleges to the undergraduate and postgraduate students in the research program courses.
If you wish to enter into the most prestigious universities like Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi University or Banaras Hindu University then the CUET exam will help you enter this. To get admission into a great university you should go for the CUET programs. It would be easy for you to get the admissions.
Key Highlights of CUET 2024
|Full Exam Name
||Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET)
||National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Frequency of Conduct
||Once a year
|CUET Exam Date 2024
||between 15th to 31st May 2024
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
||Online (Computer-based Test)
|Type of questions
|CUET Exam Centres
||387 cities within India and 24 cities outside India
Why CUET is Important?
This test is conducted by the NTA (National testing Agency) over the period of a year. As for taking programs into undergraduate programs every university has a different mechanism. And to bind up this process this CUET program is introduced by the MoE along with the UGC. This is the best and the most common exam for the admission of the UG programs into the central universities as well as many other universities of India.
How can the CUET Examination help you get into your dream college?
CUET is known as one of the finest programs introduced for the Undergraduate purpose which completely disappears the cut-off system. You just have to go for the CUET programs and as per the ranking of this exam you will be able to get the finest and the best college among the all.
- The CUET exam is not only based on the student’s academic knowledge but it also prepares them to check the problem solving skills and the critical thinking of students. And there are thousands of students who sit this test in the hope of the best college.
- If you will be able to secure a high score in the CUET examination then you will be able to get the best college. Not only that, a good performance also provides the scholarship to the students as well as financial aid.
- There are several universities, colleges as well as private and deemed universities which come under the CUET. and One of them could be your dream university. CUET would be the initial step of your dreams if you wished to get the admission in one of your favorite universities.
Benefits of the CUET Examination for your Career
CUET is one of the best examinations conducted. As through this if the student’s are unable to secure a good score in the 12 exam they will be able to get the best colleges or the college of their dream.
Here are some of the reasons listed below which clarify the importance of CUET:
Each Student have equal opportunity
- Getting admission to prestigious universities is a dream of every student. But often fails to get in one of them because of the weightage of the 12th board marks. As the cut-off of the 12 boards exams have all the required importance. Along with that each university has the syllabus, difficulty level and marketing practices make it more difficult.
- While the introduction of the CUET provides a fair chance to every student who is seeking for the admissions as they can choose the university based on the CUET score. And there is a clear guidance from the NTA and CUET that the admission of the UG programs will be based on the CUET score only.
- And there is no chance that after the introduction of the CUET the value of the 12 exams will perish. As the syllabus of the CUET exams is totally based on the 12th standard syllabus. Moreover some of the universities of Delhi like Delhi University have announced the consideration of the 12th syllabus at the time braking situations.
Subjective BIAS ends
- As there is a cut-off system in many universities which is quite popular, it has come to an end. There is an own dimension of the rush created by the CUET but the hype of the cut-off will be over.
- There is a strict order for every university to conduct CUET and based on the CUET merit students will get the admissions. CUET keeps that students are put to priority and for the college admission there would be a fair mechanism.
- There are many past admission procedures that state that the students have a little clarity over the ranks and standings among peers. But after the introduction of the CUET, students now have a detailed scorecard of their performance on the exam.
- There is no chance for the student’s to remain questioned about their ranking and the college they are eligible for.
- CUET exams provide detailed information about the ranking as well as university merit list which provides a clear idea about the preferences and you can focus on the universities where there is a high chance of you getting the admissions. Ranking clarity gives you an overview of which college is best for you to get the admission and you will be able to focus more on that.
Syllabus of CUET 2024
CUET UG Syllabus for Language Test
For testing the fluency in the language there would be some questions asked in reading comprehensively. Which would be based on the different type of the passages including narrative, literary and factual.
CUET UG Syllabus for Domain Subject
Their syllabus would be based on the NCERT application of class 12 and subjects will be those that are chosen by the student’s at the time form application filling.
CUET UG Syllabus for General Test
There will be a general awareness section that includes the static general knowledge. As well as there will be questions on the current affairs that will be dependent on the candidate’s national and international current affair knowledge. Have a look on the general awareness and current affairs topics for your CUET exam.
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- General Mental Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/stat taught till Grade 8)
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Examination Pattern of CUET 2024
There will be three sections in the CUET exam pattern 2024 and those are language, domain as well as general test.
- Furthermore there will be two subsections of the language where you are allowed to choose 13 languages from the first subsection and 20 from the other.
- Through the domain subject you are allowed to choose at least 27 different domains.
- Coming to the last part, the general test consists of general awareness of current affairs, mental ability, numerical ability and much more.
- At the time of attempting the CUET exam you need to be careful as the examination have the negative marking.
- You will get the five marks for every right answer and for the wrong answers 1 mark will be deducted.
- There will be no impact of the unanswered question on the final merit score. As the authorities will not review and access the unanswered questions.
- All the central universities’ admissions are based on the CUET score, so you really need to be careful and put in lots of effort while attempting this exam.
- You can also take the help of sample papers, mock test and previous years papers that you could take help of.
Preparation Tips for the CUET Examination
Preparations totally depend on the student’s capability. There is no one answer for that. In Spite of that we have mentioned some of the important tips you can have a look at them provided below.
- You can use the mock test, sample paper or last year exam paper to prepare well for your CUET test.
- It's important for you to revise the chapters thoroughly again and again and you need to clear each and every concept of yours.
- On the examination day make sure you have taken the full rest and your body is fully relaxed.