IIT Madras has released the GATE Answer Key 2020 for February 2, 3,9,10 exam. The applicants who have appeared in the exam can now avail of the answer key from the official website. For the session 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8, the applicants get official and unofficial answer key. As soon as the answer key is released the applicants can check their answers and calculate their probable score. The candidates can download the answer key at the official website of IT Madras that is gate.iim .ac.in, approximately one week after the exam is conducted successfully.
For calculating the probable score, GATE aspirants must use the marking scheme prescribed for the national-level exam. However, before the release of the GATE Answer Key 2020, authorities will publish the GATE 2020 response sheet and question paper. GATE 2020 was conducted in 205 cities of the country and 6 international centres for 24 subjects. Some important dates that the candidate must know are:
GATE 2020 exam Date
02, 03, 09, 10 February 2020
GATE unofficial answer key releases on
On the exam day
Availability of answer sheet
2nd week of February 2020
Official answer key
2nd or 3rd week of February 2020
Challenge answer key
4th week of February 2020
GATE result 2020 announced
16th March 2020
How to Check GATE Answer Key 2020?
IIT Madras will release the answer key of GATE 2020 tentatively in the second week of February 2020. In order to view the question paper and response sheet of GATE 2020, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- First log in to the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) by entering the enrollment number or email id, registration id, and DoB.
- Click on the "View Response" button.
- The GATE 2020 response sheet will appear in the PDF format.
- It will carry details and responses to each question asked in the paper.
Check & Download GATE Answer Key >>
How to analyze the feasible score using the GATE Answer Key 2020?
To calculate probable scores, the candidate has to follow the marking scheme as described in the exam pattern of GATE 2020. The candidate can follow the steps provided here to calculate the probable score:
- Estimate the total number of accurate attempts and allot marks accordingly and then calculate the overall positive marks.
- Next, the candidate has to match the total negative marks for incorrect attempts. Only MCQs have negative marking. There will be no negative marking for NAT questions in GATE.
Total marks = Total marks obtained for correct answers – Negative marks for incorrect answers.
Multiple Choice Questions Marks:
- Total marks (1 marks) = 1 x number of correct attempts – 1/3 x number of wrong attempts.
- Total marks (2 marks) = 2 x number of correct attempts – 2/3 x number of wrong attempts.
NAT Marks: Total
(1 marks) + Total marks (2 marks)
How to challenge GATE Answer Key 2020?
If in any case, the candidate is not satisfied with any answer(s) in the official answer key of GATE 2020, the candidate gets an opportunity to challenge the answer key. So, to challenge the Gate Answer Key 2020, the candidate has to follow the method provided below.
- Log into the GOAPs (GATE Online Application Process System).
- Select the “Contest Answer Key" option. The candidate will be shifted to the payment page.
- Candidates have to pay Rs 500 for each question he/she wants to claim in an online mode. The fee for NRI candidates is the US $ 10 (600 Rs)
- The candidate has to mention the correct question number, which he wants to challenge.
- Attach the requisite supporting documents.
GATE Result 2020:
The applicants can check their results in an online mode on 16th March 2020. The result will be declared by the conducting authorities.
- Applicants have to visit the official website and log in to GOAPS.
- It must be noted that the scorecard will be available for only those candidates who have qualified in the exam.
- The scorecard of GATE is valid for a period of three years from the day of the announcement of results.