The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a group of self-governing public medical colleges of higher education based in New Delhi. Students can apply to this national level entrance examination for MBBS programmes which is conducted by all the nine AIIMS medical centres across India located in New Delhi, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Patna, Jodhpur, Guntur, Nagpur, Raipur and Bhubaneswar. Established in the year 1956, it autonomously operates under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The admission authority of AIIMS determines the eligibility criteria, notification of examination dates, and the exam pattern every year. The examination schedule as per sources has determined that the AIIMS 2020 examination will be held on May 25 and May 26, 2020. Applicants can apply online for the AIIMS 2020 application process. Every important information regarding AIIMS 2020 examination has been defined in our content in a detailed way.
AIIMS 2020 Schedule
|Primary Registration initiates ->||First week of January 2020|
|Primary Registration winds up ->||January 2020|
|Final Registration Begins ->||February 2020|
|Final Registration Begins ->||March 2020|
|Admit Card can be availed on ->||First week of May 2020|
|AIIMS 2020 Examination Date ->||May 25 & May 26, 2020|
|Result Announcement ->||June 12, 2020|
|AIIMS Counselling – Round 1 ->||First week of July 2020|
|AIIMS Counselling – Round 2 ->||First week of August 2020|
|AIIMS Counselling – Round 3 ->||First week of September 2020|
|AIIMS Counselling – Mop-Up Round ->||Fourth week of September 2020|
Examination Pattern for AIIMS 2020:
- The entrance examination for AIIMS will be organized through Online process.
- The question paper will be fornicated in 4 parts including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
- The mode of examination will be held on Multiple Choice Questions and each question will be given 4 alternatives.
- One mark will be allocated in accordance with the right answer. In case of the wrong answer, negative marking will deduct 1/3 marks.
- The time period of the examination will be three and a half hours.
- The examination will be regulated in two shifts i.e. the morning shift will commence from 9:00 AM up to 12:30 PM whereas the second shift will start from 3:00 PM up to 6:30 PM.
The Four Subjects of this Entrance Examination will be Divided into Following Parts.
|General Knowledge||20 questions|
We recommend all the candidates applying for AIIMS 2020 to check the eligibility criteria before pursuing online registration. In the scenario of any candidate failing to meet the eligibility criteria, their registration will be aborted with instantaneous effect.
Eligibility criteria for AIIMS 2020:
Citizenship of the Applicant :
- Applicants should possess the nationality of India.
- Under the Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955, Foreign Nationals and OCI ( overseas citizens of India ) applicants can also appear for AIIMS 2020.
Minimum age criteria :
- Applicants should have attained a minimum age of 17 years as on December 31, 2020.
- No maximum age limit for the candidate appearing for AIIMS 2020.
Qualification of the appearing applicants:
- Minimum of 60 per cent aggregate required in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The candidates associated with reserved category including Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped and Foreign Nationals will be given an allowance of 10 per cent.
Qualifying Marks Percentage for AIIMS MBBS 2020 / Marks categorization:
|Category||Marks in 10+2 or HSC examination|
|General/OBC||60% aggregate in PCBE|
|SC/ST/OPH||50% aggregate in PCBE|
|Overseas Indian candidates/ Foreign applicants||50% aggregate in PCBE|